Tuesday 12 May 2009

My Tarot Journey, Part 1


Before going into more detail about new tarot tips and teachings that I learned at RS09, I thought perhaps people might be interested in hearing a bit about my own tarot background and history. So in true self-centred blogger fashion, here's a five-part series on that very topic! As always, thanks for your patience.

My first tarot deck was, of course, the Rider-Waite-Smith deck. It's the standard deck that probably everyone first encounters. Someone gave it to me as a birthday present in the late 1970s or early 1980s, if I remember correctly. It came as a boxed set with 3 small paperback books which were extremely unhelpful, being basically just a list of contradictory and confusing keywords for each card. My sister and I tried to read for each other a few times and then gave it up. I didn't find the cards particularly attractive or intriguing. Clearly my tarot journey was off to a slow start.

1 comment:

Haley @ Iridescent Dark said...

I've never own a Rider-Waite pack, and when I was younger I agree to also thinking it looked very bland and boring, only in recent years have I shown any appreciation for it!