Thursday 28 July 2011

As The World Turns


True to form, it didn't take too long until Moochie lost or sold or totaled the car, whatever. My mother breathed a huge sigh of relief, knowing there would be no more sneak attack visits. Life moved on. I grew up and left home. My parents and sister moved to a nearby city.

We heard about 10 years later that Moochie and the wife had separated. We assumed it was just a case of welfare fraud so that they could claim more assistance as two single people than as a married couple. But it turned out to actually be true. One day, out of the blue, Moochie showed up in the city and declared himself to be a single man. And -- even more shocking -- he was working.

Well, so to speak.

Tomorrow: Moochie the Entrepreneur

13 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

during teddy's recovery, i am reading this story to her. we are both on the edge of our seats! what could moochie finally have found to spark him out of retirement? i am thinking he became a politician since that is where you do the least to make the most amount of money. even inside the cone of shame teddy waits to hear more!

DEZMOND said...

I wonder who would play Moochie in a film about him?

CorvusCorax12 said...

:O...can't wait to hear all about it

Anonymous said...

you have me hooked!I found myself telling people about him yesterday,,

Jeanne said...

Hhhhmmm.... Several possibilities come to mind regarding Moochie's "job", but a preacher would seem to fit him best. Can't wait till tomorrow's installment......

mermaid gallery said...

you are too funny........

BugginWord said...

Sadness. I bet they couldn't even afford a lawyer to divvy up the estate - er - bag o' teeth.

mxtodis123 said...

Anxiously awaiting the next installment. Wonder what it could be!
Mary

Suzie said...

Gasp! The plot thickens. .we are supposed to get strong storms tonight. My power had better NOT go out! I'll be pacing. . .

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

The life and times of Moochie...I'm lovin' it...

Tricky Nag said...

Loving this series. My guess for the "job": a get rich quick pyramid scheme.

laughingwolf said...

pimping is work... kinda/sorta :O lol

yellowdoggranny said...

oh my Goddess, he's head of the Republican Party.