I'm taking part today in
Monday Murals hosted by Sami.
This Edmonton mural created by artist Melisa Nocelli
(a muralist and illustrator based in Spain)
celebrates the cacao beans from which chocolate is made.
Cacao beans come from pods which grow on trees.
Cacao trees are native to the Amazon rainforest, but today
over 80% of cacao beans are grown in West Africa
This mural is found on the building which houses
Delavoye Chocolate Maker, a local boutique
chocolate factory, shop and cafe.
All its cacao beans are ethically sourced.
[Photos © Debra She Who Seeks, 2026]




Yum ... chocolate! And art!
ReplyDelete...Debra, you have world class murals to enjoy. This is a fabulous one!
ReplyDeleteLove the tropical theme!
ReplyDeleteI hope you sampled the goods, as research to assess the quality.
ReplyDeleteAnd where would humanity be without the two sacred beans- cacao and coffee?
ReplyDelete@ Ms. Moon -- I agree!
DeleteThe Amazon forests are being cut down. Thank the goddess another country is able to pick up the mantle. We do need our beans...
ReplyDeleteJust as climate change is ruining French vineyards, other countries are finding they can pick up the slack. We do need our grapes....
It's a good one, Debra.
ReplyDeletelovely
ReplyDeleteWhat a beauty! Celebrating the bean, the environment, the labor... And a beautiful color palette.
ReplyDeleteThat mural would make the building very easy to find.
ReplyDeleteWhere would we be without chocolate? : 😀 Beautiful mural Debra. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful mural, well done!
ReplyDeletethank you so much for sharing such a lovely and beautiful mural ❤️
ReplyDeletei just loved how it has been created as feels so captivating and amazing 😍
So beautiful, Debra!
ReplyDeleteI appreciate the nod to famers/labourers too.
ReplyDeleteEdmonton has some wonderful murals, and a chocolate mural is beyond art. I just realized we don’t have a gourmet chocolatier here (that I know of). Melisa Nocelli is based in Madrid! I need to find her art (and that chocolate).
ReplyDelete@ Moving with Mitchell -- I KNEW you'd like the fact that the artist is from Spain! Edmonton is kind of a hot spot for local gourmet chocolatiers -- we have at least four that I can think of just off the top of my head, and I'm sure there's more! Oh, just thought of another two. See?
DeleteWow! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteJ’adore le chocolat fin :-)
ReplyDeleteLe cadeau des dieux olmèques
Quelle magnifique fresque murale !
Similar à Delavoye, à Montréal nous avons Bonneau, Avanaa, Qantu, Amango, Andrée et Chloé.
Le chocolat devient coûteux en raison de la sécheresse, des maladies des cultures et de la fermeture de plantations de cacao au profit de projets de développement en Afrique de l’Ouest.
Sans oublier les travailleurs réclamant des salaires plus élevés et la manipulation des prix via les contrats à terme et les options sur la cacao.
Monsieur Dupuis 🇨🇦
@ Anonymous (Monsieur Dupuis) -- Malheureusement, il semble que les meilleures choses de la vie ne soient pas gratuites.
DeleteThat mural is so nicely done. I do love chocolate.
ReplyDeleteAh!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite food!
I love chocolate!
This mural is fabulous. Very well done.
XOXO
I like this mural. It reminds me of a trip I had to Costa Rica where we made our own hot cocoa from fresh beans...it took awhile but it was amazing.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful mural indeed!
ReplyDeleteThis is the best mural ever. I do love chocolate and am sad that many manufacturers are sacrificing quality for profits by using cheaper ingredients which affects the taste of course.
ReplyDeleteWonderful Debra!
ReplyDeleteReally lovely mural 🎉🌻
ReplyDeleteFabulous mural - I love the colours - and who doesn't like chocolate! Have a fabulous week. And thankyou for visiting my blog this week.
ReplyDeleteWow, this is a wonderful one!
ReplyDeleteI love that mural!
ReplyDeleteStunning mural! I only buy fairtrade chocolate. I don't mind paying more. Besides, I don't eat a lot of it!
ReplyDeleteGreat mural. I went on a cacao tour in Costa Rica. It was well done and I learned a lot.
ReplyDeleteIn Grenada WI cocoa is grown and made into wonderful chocolate bars. Gigi
ReplyDeleteBeautiful murals. I celebrate chocolate every time I eat it - which is regularly 😋
ReplyDeleteI want to run out and get a Hershey's.
ReplyDelete