Haha, the meme is funny! But I love potatoes, especially making them into chips and fries. Instead of buying processed food, I prefer preparing them myself.
"Bad news soldier..." I recently heard an old quote of Dolly Parton's saying that potatoes had been the reason every diet she'd ever been on had failed. What a great vegetable it is.
Truly doing the Lord's work honoring the noble spud! Calling mashed potatoes "Irish guacamole" killed me, and swapping out potato chips for a grapefruit is grounds for immediate rebellion. Long live the potato, Debra!
I love a spud! 'Roast 'em, boil 'em, stick 'em in a stew..' The best potatoes I have ever eaten were in Ireland. They fear no butter. Potato Champion is heaven on a plate.
It is hard to envisage a world in which there are no potatoes to eat. They are so adaptable. You can do anything with potatoes - including hurling them at Donald Potato's head.
That meme about replacing potato chips with a grapefruit really made me laugh!
ReplyDeleteSince I'm of eastern European heritage, I worship both the potato and the cabbage. And the butter that completes both.
ReplyDeleteTwo or three times a week they are part of my life.
ReplyDeleteI love potatoes in all shapes and forms.
ReplyDelete...I LOVE potatoes.🥔
ReplyDeleteAdd my name to the list of Irish Guacamole people.
ReplyDeleteAnd poor Mr. Potato Head!!
Have you seen the cartoon with the potato couple about to watch Mash? She's saying "hold me"!
ReplyDeleteLots of love and lots of butter.
ReplyDeleteHaha, the meme is funny! But I love potatoes, especially making them into chips and fries. Instead of buying processed food, I prefer preparing them myself.
ReplyDeleteI love that last photo, so sweet.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha I’m literally that kitty!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love mashed potatoes!
XOXO
One page at a time... LOL.
ReplyDeleteMy wife calls herself A Potato Whore; if it's potato, she'll eat it.
I've never met a potato I didn't like.
ReplyDelete"Bad news soldier..."
ReplyDeleteI recently heard an old quote of Dolly Parton's saying that potatoes had been the reason every diet she'd ever been on had failed.
What a great vegetable it is.
These are wonderful. Love the Irish guac, Debra.
ReplyDeleteThe mash unit???? Sigghhhhhh...... but let's not forget about Vodka!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIrish guacamole, ha!
ReplyDeleteTruly doing the Lord's work honoring the noble spud! Calling mashed potatoes "Irish guacamole" killed me, and swapping out potato chips for a grapefruit is grounds for immediate rebellion. Long live the potato, Debra!
ReplyDeleteYummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy and it makes me feel so good, yeah!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janie
I love a spud! 'Roast 'em, boil 'em, stick 'em in a stew..'
ReplyDeleteThe best potatoes I have ever eaten were in Ireland. They fear no butter. Potato Champion is heaven on a plate.
Potato guacamole, yum! I'm picturing it with baked potato skins on the side as dippers. I'm also very hungry now.
ReplyDeleteLOL The kitten 😸 is so cute. These are great, Debra. Thanks 😊 🫂
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment on my novel on AO3! Glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDeletepotatoes always taste better with a pile of butter on them!!! I'm originally from the UK, so it must be true...LOL
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to envisage a world in which there are no potatoes to eat. They are so adaptable. You can do anything with potatoes - including hurling them at Donald Potato's head.
ReplyDeleteI LOOOOVE potatoes and will be having roasted ones tonight.
ReplyDeleteThe made with love comic made me laugh-- butter does make everything taste good. XD
ReplyDelete-Quinley
The first one is SG.
ReplyDeleteI prefer eating my potatoes one page at a time.
Grapefruit comparison had me reading it to SG.