Saturday, 1 August 2026

Let's Improve Our Vocabulary!











38 comments:

  1. "Molotov Cockatiel" is the winner, although I have adopted "spherical bastard" as the most useful when describing government officials here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Molotov Cockatiel will need some angry incense to get the party started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you couldn't top "angry incense" and then you did!!
    Many of these will be added to my daily diatribes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great. Thanks for laughs! I love hotdog cupcakes. Oh from the mouths of babes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great, I will add a few into my vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...I have created my share of disasterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I read things like this I always wonder why I didn't come up with them? They often seem so obvious but obviously, not to me. But I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great. I love the disasterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the expression on the tuxedo cat's face and the word is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing these. My biggest chuckle was for the eggcorn 'Belgian Whistles'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spherical bastard? Life-changing word! So many likes for this.
    Also...behold, my comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these are great and gave me a good morning laugh. Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these and I am the last one:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many good ones! Thanks for the vocabulary boost!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pistified is the word for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes and sometimes a disasterpiece turns out to be a masterpiece.
    Cheer. Stay cool and happy over there, DSWS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not a clunker in the bunch but 'angry incense' was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hotdog cupcakes is oh so wrong on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  19. and.... she's back! making me laugh! thanks LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I were this clever. I’d throw in all the Belgian whistles.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I definitely think these should be added to the vernacular
    They’re definitely better at describing fhe situations

    ReplyDelete
  22. Angry incense. Yep. That would fit me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Masterpiece or Disasterpiece, I like that

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL 😆 😂 🤣 😹 Pistified.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh but I love word play and puns! I should have been an etymologist; I am wasted in Medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm definitely down with the Belgian whistles.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I create disasterpieces on a regular basis. I think you have a theme for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love pistified! Actually I love all of these. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  29. I empathise with the last speaker.

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are amazing, I'm going to use "angry incense" from now.

    ReplyDelete
  31. highly enjoyable dear friend :)
    thanks for chuckles ,last one sounds real lol

    ReplyDelete
  32. A new term for my lexicon of personalities!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

However, comment moderation is on and no comments will be published from trolls, haters, bots or spammers.