The other day I saw a fellow driving a refurbished Chevrolet from around the late fifties or early sixties. It was the size of a barge and would need two parking spaces. It seems that conflict is built right in!
I love all of these so much! I can't even begin to say which would be my favorite. But like Ellen D. I now have Losing My Religion on my inner sound system. My husband has the best parking luck. The whole family jokes about it. He almost always finds a convenient space and then, of course, he backs into it. Show off.
I drive a Toyota Prius, so would rather walk, then park close to the big pickup trucks and SUVs in Texas. Some can be annoyingly inconsiderate of people driving small cars. What also annoys me is when people leave their shopping carts in the middle of a parking lot, instead of slipping it in the shopping cart drop-off spots. That's lazy and inconsiderate too. Anyway, thanks for the laughs, my friend!
"That’s me in the corner, that’s me in the spotlight... trying to parallel park with zero witnesses." Now that song is permanently stuck in my head for the rest of the day! Between that and the sheer petty brilliance of having the Tesla towed, this whole collection had me laughing out loud. Pure gold, Debra!
Well, I'm going to have to put on a cd (yes, I still own those and the players) to get REM out of my head. Ah, the complete hit singles of Three Dog Night ought to do it. Thanks for the Friday frivolity Debra.
Years ago there was a woman trying to parallel park her truck across the street and she couldn't do it. She asked me if I could. LOL So I did while she held Falcor's leash.
I could have used that “Hail Ashphalta, Full of Grace, Help Me Find A Parking Space” when I couldn’t find parking at the medical center last month. I’ll be using it if there is ever a next time said chant is needed. Love the tow truck/ice cream cone clapback. Some folks have to learn the hard way.
These are hilarious! Does anyone else call it 'Doris Day parking' when you find a spot right outside your destination? Recently in Portland the second annual Parallel Parking challenge was held. Started by a couple of friends just wanting to do something random and goofy last year. Still keeping Portland weird! Thanks for the laughs!
Oh you got me giggling! Loved the one with the flyers. And of course the black Tesla stole the show. Yep I need privacy too when I (badly) parallel park. And you got me singing along to that song too. Thanks for the laughs Enjoy your weekend, Lisca
I LOVE the BMW one…so true! I used to live near NYC and had awesome parallel parking skillz, but they’re deteriorated somewhat after living in Tucson AZ for years.
Towed Tesla for the win! Parallel parking is a breeze compared to trailering in reverse into a boat launch. I'd end up with a jack-knifed trailer more times than not, LOL!
Boa tarde minha querida amiga Debra. Confesso que não sei dirigir. Uma excelente tarde de sexta-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares no Canadá e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.
The big guy with the bbq Love it. I used to get into a full blown pancake attack while trying to reverse park. Now I just take my time and make others wait. Funnily enough if I do that. I get it right first time and they don’t have to wait long.
you know those 3d doormats that look like a big, deep hole in the ground? I wish I could buy one big enough to cover my parking bay and keep my neighbours off! Betty
I'm originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where the Parking Chair is a time-honored method of reserving your parking space. And back in 2007, I wrote in my blog about my dispute over a parking space: https://bilbosrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2007/09/parable-about-parking-space.html
...when it comes to parking, a car isn't an asset.
ReplyDeletehahahha...I love them ALL...especially the guy having the Tesla towed! Have a great weekend. xo Diana
ReplyDeleteAll so good ... but that last one!!!!
ReplyDeleteThey really should let people us, write parking tickets.
ReplyDeleteOh, Jesus and the toilet?
ReplyDeleteThat’s trying to park in Chicago after a snowstorm. It’s INSANE.
AND I LOVE THE TESLA STORY!
XOXO
🥰💚 The guy spending his green to save the tree for a greener world!! 🌳❤️
ReplyDelete🦸♀️ Not all heroes wear capes!! 🫡
Some men should wear shirts.
ReplyDeleteLove these.
Living in suburbia, I rarely have to parallel park and DEFINITELY need privacy when I do.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is "that's me on the corner..." I can hear that song in my mind now. ;)
ReplyDeleteThe other day I saw a fellow driving a refurbished Chevrolet from around the late fifties or early sixties. It was the size of a barge and would need two parking spaces. It seems that conflict is built right in!
ReplyDeleteI love all of these so much! I can't even begin to say which would be my favorite. But like Ellen D. I now have Losing My Religion on my inner sound system.
ReplyDeleteMy husband has the best parking luck. The whole family jokes about it. He almost always finds a convenient space and then, of course, he backs into it.
Show off.
I drive a Toyota Prius, so would rather walk, then park close to the big pickup trucks and SUVs in Texas. Some can be annoyingly inconsiderate of people driving small cars. What also annoys me is when people leave their shopping carts in the middle of a parking lot, instead of slipping it in the shopping cart drop-off spots. That's lazy and inconsiderate too. Anyway, thanks for the laughs, my friend!
ReplyDeleteMe (after I finally park and am walking toward the store): Oh, so NOW you leave.! Of course, you do....
ReplyDeleteI am starting to hate driving anywhere since parking is such a hassle.
ReplyDeleteMy husband's superpower is finding a parking space up close. What a thing to waste all your good luck on.
ReplyDeleteI DO need privacy while trying to parallel park!
ReplyDeleteDo you remember that '80s tune: "No parking on the dance floor"? Well, thanks to this post, that song is now in my brain!
"That’s me in the corner, that’s me in the spotlight... trying to parallel park with zero witnesses." Now that song is permanently stuck in my head for the rest of the day! Between that and the sheer petty brilliance of having the Tesla towed, this whole collection had me laughing out loud. Pure gold, Debra!
ReplyDeleteI must confess that after 54 years of driving, my parallel parking skills remain atrocious.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm going to have to put on a cd (yes, I still own those and the players) to get REM out of my head. Ah, the complete hit singles of Three Dog Night ought to do it. Thanks for the Friday frivolity Debra.
ReplyDeleteGood ones
ReplyDeleteYears ago there was a woman trying to parallel park her truck across the street and she couldn't do it. She asked me if I could. LOL So I did while she held Falcor's leash.
ReplyDeleteThese are funny.
I could have used that “Hail Ashphalta, Full of Grace, Help Me Find A Parking Space” when I couldn’t find parking at the medical center last month. I’ll be using it if there is ever a next time said chant is needed. Love the tow truck/ice cream cone clapback. Some folks have to learn the hard way.
ReplyDeleteThese are hilarious! Does anyone else call it 'Doris Day parking' when you find a spot right outside your destination?
ReplyDeleteRecently in Portland the second annual Parallel Parking challenge was held. Started by a couple of friends just wanting to do something random and goofy last year. Still keeping Portland weird!
Thanks for the laughs!
Oh you got me giggling! Loved the one with the flyers. And of course the black Tesla stole the show.
ReplyDeleteYep I need privacy too when I (badly) parallel park. And you got me singing along to that song too.
Thanks for the laughs
Enjoy your weekend,
Lisca
Ha, so many arses in parking lots!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the BMW one…so true! I used to live near NYC and had awesome parallel parking skillz, but they’re deteriorated somewhat after living in Tucson AZ for years.
ReplyDeleteOMG that last one just about did me in. LOL
ReplyDeleteI always hated parking in a big city. The Tesla story is very funny, I wonder if he learned anything, probably not. :) Have a fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteTowed Tesla for the win! Parallel parking is a breeze compared to trailering in reverse into a boat launch. I'd end up with a jack-knifed trailer more times than not, LOL!
ReplyDeleteBoa tarde minha querida amiga Debra. Confesso que não sei dirigir. Uma excelente tarde de sexta-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares no Canadá e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.
ReplyDeleteThe big guy with the bbq
ReplyDeleteLove it.
I used to get into a full blown pancake attack while trying to reverse park.
Now I just take my time and make others wait. Funnily enough if I do that. I get it right first time and they don’t have to wait long.
Oh, the flyer on the car meme had me chuckling.
ReplyDeleteyou know those 3d doormats that look like a big, deep hole in the ground? I wish I could buy one big enough to cover my parking bay and keep my neighbours off! Betty
ReplyDeleteI ride buses trams and trains and never have to worry about parking.
ReplyDeleteThat Tesla bit is priceless and so satisfying. The final shot is hilarious. And now for some REM.
ReplyDeleteI'm originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where the Parking Chair is a time-honored method of reserving your parking space. And back in 2007, I wrote in my blog about my dispute over a parking space: https://bilbosrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2007/09/parable-about-parking-space.html
ReplyDeleteMarvelous!
ReplyDeleteLove the BMW one!
ReplyDelete