For today's Friday Face OFF link party
of art featuring faces, hosted by Nicole of
I'm not quite sure WTF happened here,
because this is definitely NOT how
this art was supposed to have turned out.
[drawn freehand directly in both
permanent and water soluble black ink,
ink wash, and coloured pencils]
And what exactly is
the role of that ambiguous cat?
Is it a therapy cat helping a woman
get through some kind of emo breakdown?
Or is it the feline familiar of a vengeful witch
casting a powerful curse on whoever did her wrong?
Your guess is as good as mine.
[Art and photo of art © Debra She Who Seeks, 2026]



42 comments:
Word on the street was there'd be a free catnip bar...
Bravo, you drawing is well done
Happy Friday
Much love
oh I love it! Feels very Summerween to me. :) So spooktacular!
...two pair of piercing eyes!
"Wicked" is the word that came to mind when I first saw the portrait. Happy FFO!
Oooooo ---- she is **Fierce**.
Oh, they are both giving main character and I'm here for it.
Her eyes are INTENSE. You do NOT mess with her. Or with the kitty.
XOXO
I don't know what it all means but I love it! That's got a lot of power and personality!
The cat looks like the sort you don't mess with.
I would like to see what you REALLY have in mind!
Seriously, you are daft. This is EXCELLENT!!!! I love this dark, forbidden, emo girl. Yes, I see the cat as a familiar and even though she presents as a bit evil she would never "harm none" I love her!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a wonderful weekend.
They both look a bit fierce, Debra.
I think I worded the "harm none" incorrectly but you get what I mean. LOL
I love black cats.
😳🙀 OMG,Debra! I am interceding for you with several goddesses, and HRH, as you question the role of the cat in your beautiful artwork. 📜 For it is written: "Even in jest, thou shalt never question the role of any cat. Cats are that they are! They shalt not be subject to review, especially if they have chosen you to be part of their household." 😼
SO LET IT BE WRITTEN; SO LET IT BE DONE‼️✋️😹😻
Awesome drawing ~ portrait and cats ~ Hugs ^_^
LISTEN TO CLEORA BOREALIS, YOU FOOLISH HUMAN YOU!
Looks very good to me!
WTF = Why The Face? (According to Phil Dunphy of the tv show Modern Family)
Love this moody pair!
The more I look at the two, I feel emotional pain from the woman and comfort from the cat. I think it's because of the way she is holding the kitty close to her face. Very intriguing, Debra, and you found the perfect meme to go with it.
It looks good to me. Maybe she's communicating with the cat?
Have a lovely day.
This is so impressive.
I took my car to the auto shop yesterday. Tried to go pick my car up today only to be blocked by road construction on one side by the repair shop. It's a 5 minute inconvenience that I ranted about to my husband for the rest of the day.
I love your sketch, Debra! And the cat's eyes are beautiful!
I'm guessing the cat is the familiar of a vengeful witch. Whatever it is, the woman has a piercing look and so has the cat. Quite scary. I think you depicted that so well that I couldn't have that hanging on my wall. I wouldn't sleep a wink!
Enjoy your weekend,
Lisca
I kinda love that it didn't turn out the way you saw in your head. It took shape the way it was supposed to be, maybe?
Art goes her own way.
You can never go wrong when you have a cat in a drawing. I think it's awesome.
That drawing is seriously scary stuff!
Don't forget that key reminder from Lynda Barry: "There's the drawing you are trying to make and the drawing that's actually being made—and you can't see it until you forget what you were trying to do."
I'm not sure what you had in mind when you started drawing, but I like the finished result.
I love the "you should have seen it in my head". That's kind of how my writing feels when I go back and reread. LOL
The woman looks fierce, but there is something very vulnerable about her which I can see in the way she holds the cat so close to her. And the cat is ready to defend her.
Great work, Debra!
Therapy cat…only because she looks like my own kitty.
I love it. Reminds me of my youth when I was emo and had a black cat.
Much to my parents annoyance. It’s about as rebellious as I got
Looks like an excellent drawing to me.
I would like to see what is in your mind. Terrific painting, love those eyes staring at me.
Oh but I really like how it came out!
Gorgeous painting, indeed, that is telling the story...
Up to no good, that’s certain !
I am opting for feline familiar
It reminds me of my youngest daughter with her beloved late cat Angel. You are an amazing artist.
Post a Comment