Monday, 27 July 2026

Monday Murals -- A Sparkling Smile

I'm taking part today in 
Monday Murals hosted by Sami.


On my recent trip to Winnipeg, Manitoba,
I found this fabulous mural on South Osborne Street.

It was created by Annie Bergen and Marcus Bauer in 2011.
Isn't it just perfect for a dental office?


Speaking of dental matters, I'm having
a problem molar extracted today.
May everything go well!

[Photo #1 © Debra She Who Seeks, 2026;
Photo #2 is from the website The Murals of Winnipeg]

48 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Ooh, good luck with the extraction!

Marty said...

Lighthearted art for a not-so-lighthearted place.
May your visit be swift and painless!

Tom said...

...Debra, you found a fabulous one, may all go well today.

Boud said...

Good luck with the dentist.

Iris Flavia said...

Thumbs and toes crossed all goes well! (Eeek and I´m "afraid" my dentist wants to see me again soon....).

gz said...

Perfect! Did you get a shot of the rest of the wall?
All the best for the dental work x

Bob said...

Good luck with the yank!

Tundra Bunny said...

May the Tooth Fairy leave enough money under your pillow to cover the dentist's bill!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ gz -- No, I was mainly focused on that big smile!

Travel said...

Heal well.

Liz Hinds said...

ooh, thinking of you.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Debra, I wish you all the best for the extraction, dear friend. My blog post for Monday is on my blog but the Blogger news reader is a mess.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Good luck at the dentist!
And the mural is very appropriate.

XOXO

Jackie McGuinness said...

Great mural and good luck!

Ellen D. said...

Hope the dental work is pain free (and quick)!

Cleora Borealis said...

👍 Excellent aspirational advertisement. But, it is far too late for me with my fields of fillings, 4 extractions, and 2 partials! 😢You go on without me, Debra, save yourself! 💪🦷🤭

Val Ewing said...

My one extraction of a molar 8 yrs ago went well and solved the pain problem I had. I hope it goes well for you too!
Love the mural!

RedPat said...

Good one. Good luck today.

Sami said...

Good luck with the extraction. I had 4 wisdom teeth removed last November, and I have had implants put in in May. Nice mural for the dental clinic. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Debra.

Ms. Moon said...

May your dentist believe in good drugs for molar extractions.

whkattk said...

My goodness, it's huge! But it sure sparkles.

DVArtist said...

This is a great dentist office. Well the outside it. I hope your molar extraction goes well for you today.

e said...

A charmer of a mural! Good luck later...

Bill said...

Great mural for the dentist. Lots of luck to you!

Bertiebo said...

Funny painting. Hope all went well for you!

Mistress Maddie said...

A molar extracted? After what I went threw....that would be a walk in the park! I bet that mural brings business in.

Mistress Maddie said...

Hope all goes well too sweet cheeks!

Leanna said...

That is a cute mural. You don't see anything like that around these parts. Take care and I hope your extraction doesn't hurt too much later when the Novocain wears off.

baili said...

heartfelt best wishes for your molar extraction dear Debra !
yes perfect mural for the dental clinic

mvmaithai said...

Hope your dental work went well.

gz said...

Next visit!

Jean said...

I recently had a problem molar removed. It was fairly brutal but I don’t miss it.

River said...

That is a great mural and I like the rest of the building's murals too. Hope the extraction goes easily and recovery painless.

Kirk said...

Great art, but if I was one of those little people I would have been afraid of getting bit.

DB Stewart said...

It's perfect...would likely help kids find it more inviting too. Fingers crossed for you.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Debra, I hope your appointment went well.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

That must be Steve Harvey's dentist.

Rade said...

Fun mural!

Good luck with the extraction! I've been slowly losing mine; old root canals that finally gave up, etc. Made a mistake of thinking that a post and crown would work as a viable replacement; I've had three implants, two have failed. Not going that route again. Just learned how to chew with my other teeth.

roentare said...

Very animated and eye catching but somewhat spooky

Bilbo said...

The way the economy is going, be sure the dentist gives you the extracted molar so you can give it to the Tooth Fairy for cash.

Lady M said...

Thinking of you friend. Hope everything went well.

Guillaume said...

What one would call a Colgate smile.

Ol'Buzzard said...

Here in the US Trump would want to be his smile.
the Ol'Buzzard

magiceye said...

Apt mural indeed!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The mural is definitely eye-catching! My friend, I hope the tooth removal went as well as it could; it certainly isn't a fun situation to be in.

Duni said...

Fantastic mural! It really looks like it sparkles. But I also like the peaceful mural on the side of the building. I hope everything went well for you at the dentist ♥

Fundy Blue said...

Ouch! I hope all went well with your dental surgery, Debra! As I'm working backwards, I know it didn't slow you down. The mural is spectacular!

CaptainKirt said...

I have a massive dentist phobia. I do like the giant smile though 😁