Late last month, blogging buddy Cal Heighton of Red Deer, Alberta passed away after battling cancer. He was the prolific, quirky blogger behind Cal's Canadian Cave of Cool. After finding his blog in 2010, I became a daily reader and commenter there for 15 years.
I enjoyed Cal's sense of humour, his fascination with comics and superheroes, his aesthetic appreciation of art and design, and his political astuteness about Canada, the USA, and the world. He also loved cats and his Ukrainian heritage (except beets). I learned a lot from Cal over the years and yes, he is why I'm now hooked on Marvel movies and fandoms. A lasting legacy or continuing curse, depending on your viewpoint, hahahaha.
As do we all, Cal had his issues and shortcomings which negatively affected his life. But his blog gave many people a welcome respite and break from the cares of the world, and I know he will be greatly missed in the blogosphere.
I like to think that Cal is now free to roam the universe as he always dreamed of doing, exploring and experiencing his True Life, going boldly where no one has gone before.
To Infinity and Beyond, Cal!

.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment