🤩🎊🌞 Winding the Maypole! I don't need to imagine little animals to feel the whimsy. I just remember myself in 3rd grade (1963!!). We learned to wind the Maypole around the tetherball poles. It's harder than it looks...for 8 year-olds! 🤪 We rehearsed, set it to music, and invited Moms and Dads to the event. We lived in the 'burbs and I didn't think either of my parents could come. They both worked in that mysterious, dreaded, faraway land called Downtown! 🧟♂️ I looked around during the performance and saw my Dad! 😃 I was near to bursting! My Dad had traveled from afar for my 15 minutes of fame! I got a hug and a "Good job, I'm so proud of you!" 🫠 before he had to slay the traffic dragons to get back to work! Because of that little episode, whimsy and frolic and silliness will always be a vital aspect of my mental and physical health and well-being. I send this belated thank you 🫶 out to the universe of teachers who provide such opportunities for the precious souls in their charge. 🤗🥰
Whimsy is wildly underrated, and this post delivered! Sometimes you just need to turn down the noise of the world and look at an animal Maypole dance to remember to smile. "Whimsical menace" sounds like the ideal aspiration for the weekend ahead. Great collection, Debra—happy Friday!
Abso- fucking- lootly!! these made my day! There is nothing that will save us except for SILLY! Blond all. my life I am well adjusted into silly, and use it often. Now I can add elderhood into my way of being- Larry all day! Thank you for validation!
There's a lot to be said for silliness and the ability to be genuinely silly. Sensible and serious are okay a lot of the time but silliness can be like an escape valve.
31 comments:
Obviously I need to pursue my inner whimsy a little more!
I, too, persist. Under protest, but I persist.
I want to be a whimsical menace. That should have been my career goal.
Whimsy is the magic that turns the ordinary into the extraordinary....said someone somewhere. I love whimsy! Diana
I am trying so hard to find that magical place.
My studio is my magical place :)
Adding a bit of whimsy sounds like good advice
I find myself swaying between whimsy and rage all the time!
These are great. Whimsy is very, very underrated. I say, you go!!
As I fall apart I'm held together with Bandaids!
I probably need to pursue my dark side a bit more, but whimsical is good. I love this last one especially.
It is not the party we had hoped for, but while we are here we might a well dance.
My new life goal is to have an animal Maypole dancing inside my mind.
Love these.
I am 100% Team Whimsy.
🤩🎊🌞 Winding the Maypole! I don't need to imagine little animals to feel the whimsy. I just remember myself in 3rd grade (1963!!). We learned to wind the Maypole around the tetherball poles. It's harder than it looks...for 8 year-olds! 🤪
We rehearsed, set it to music, and invited Moms and Dads to the event. We lived in the 'burbs and I didn't think either of my parents could come. They both worked in that mysterious, dreaded, faraway land called Downtown! 🧟♂️ I looked around during the performance and saw my Dad! 😃 I was near to bursting! My Dad had traveled from afar for my 15 minutes of fame! I got a hug and a "Good job, I'm so proud of you!" 🫠 before he had to slay the traffic dragons to get back to work!
Because of that little episode, whimsy and frolic and silliness will always be a vital aspect of my mental and physical health and well-being. I send this belated thank you 🫶 out to the universe of teachers who provide such opportunities for the precious souls in their charge. 🤗🥰
I've alway maintained that silliness is our only saving grace.
Whimsy is wildly underrated, and this post delivered!
Sometimes you just need to turn down the noise of the world and look at an animal Maypole dance to remember to smile. "Whimsical menace" sounds like the ideal aspiration for the weekend ahead.
Great collection, Debra—happy Friday!
@ Cleora Borealis -- Glad that image sparked a cherished memory for you! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Oh yes!
And I just discovered that I am full of whimsy AND rage.
XOXO
If I was any more whimsical...Id be a three ring circus.
We all could benefit from more whimsy. And the Ministry of Silly Walks.
My late husband would have loved this! An atom scientist doing serious work, he used to say everyone should be a bit silly!
Loved these! 🧡
Just what we all need these days, Debra.
Abso- fucking- lootly!! these made my day! There is nothing that will save us except for SILLY! Blond all. my life I am well adjusted into silly, and use it often. Now I can add elderhood into my way of being- Larry all day! Thank you for validation!
Gotta remain whimsy. We all needed this. Thank you.
A little bit a whimsy never hurt anyone.
Dear Debra, I especially love the fourth one with all the birds and animals! :)
There's a lot to be said for silliness and the ability to be genuinely silly. Sensible and serious are okay a lot of the time but silliness can be like an escape valve.
Whimsy sounds good but a bit of rage is always close behind. :)
Post a Comment