Saturday, 22 August 2026

My Peeps Know This Post Is For Them











36 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Have you shown this to Guillaume?

Bilbo said...

Fall is a wonderful time of year. So are spring and summer (for us gardeners, anyhow). You can keep winter.

Val Ewing said...

I approve of fall also and sometimes feel that it is too fleeting. I intend to fully appreciate it this year.

Guillaume said...

It's about time!

Kay G. said...

I love Fall! For us in Georgia though it only lasts for about five minutes. Pumpkins! I love them all, do you also have those blue ones now? I am getting me one this year, I am.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Kay G. -- No, I've never seen a blue one! I like the alternative ones that are all bumpy and warty-looking.

Rade said...

I'm ready! The more recent "heat dome" left, and yesterday we had a morning of cool, "angry" drizzle that just made me feel... INVIGORATED... walking through it.

Tom said...

...Denra, what a fun post. Lots of things to save!

Bob said...

I will enjoy the change of season, but it's too darn early for the Halloween shiz!!!!!!

Travel said...

Are you Doc Spo's long lost Canadian cousin? https://sporeflections.wordpress.com/

Moving with Mitchell said...

I’m glad you have peeps for this. Autumn is just not my time of year.

Leanna said...

I had to steal the monthly pumpkin circle. It's too good to pass up. I love this post. Next month starts all hallows eve. *cackle* I got a new broom. The last one over heated and burned upon re-entry on my way home last Walpurgisnacht. That was a hot ride.

RedPat said...

I hate to think of winter coming, Debra. I hope it is a long autumn.

Boud said...

The Halloween need is strong!

DB Stewart said...

For me, this is a window into a subculture I'm not really familiar with, ha.

e said...

Dear Goddess, YES! Banish that sweet child of Summer and bring on the cloudy, drizzly, moody, chilly child of Autumn!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Travel -- Could be!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Leanna -- Oh, I just HATE when that happens! Scorched witch's britches!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Iris Flavia -- He's present and accounted for! See below!

Kathy G said...

I am more of a fan of Fall than Halloween, although the holiday is a nice bonus.

Duni said...

August here is a slow month, which I like because I finally get to read my stack of books. It's also my birth month!

Linda Sue said...

Yes Mam, in the mood! Pumpkins are growing madly here and the weather has shifted. Looking at all of my wool clothing, excited!

Rostrose said...

Dear Debra, Halloween doesn't have the same tradition in our country as it does in yours, but I too am an autumn child. Summer is too hot and dry for me, and the nice (cool, wet, or shady) spots are often too crowded. I feel like a descendant of wise witches—oh, and I love pumpkin! In short: It's good that it's already August... let's call it a BEGINNING! ✨
Thanks for your comment! How sad that there are such terrible wildfires in Okanagan right now—I think all of Canada has been hit harder this year than in the past... but that seems to be the case worldwide. Unfortunately, it still doesn't seem to have sunk in with the "important" people that taking action against climate change is a better solution than letting its effects worsen and then having to endure them.
Hugs & all the best from Austria 🤗
Traude

Tundra Bunny said...

Yes, bring on the cool, sunny days of fall..... and start your brooms!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Debra, I love the 'ber' months! September, October, November, December. I love the beautiful colours and crisp air of Autumn. And I love the harvest of my favourite root vegetables. Rutabaga, (Swedish turnip), potatoes, carrots, etc.
I am happy to be living in a country where we have four seasons. I must say, though, because of the extreme heat, humidity and wildfires of our summers here in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, I prefer the other seasons.
I really enjoyed this post and the memes your are sharing here. Thank you so much.

NanaDiana said...

I am a Fall person, too. It's my favorite season and I can hardly wait for August to wind down into September. That being said- I hate the cold winters that follow Fall here in WI. I have girlfriends that get together and we re-watch Practical Magic every year...now there is a Practical Magic II coming out and I can't wait. It's silly but fun. Have a great weekend. xo Diana

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ NanaDiana -- Yes, it will be the MOVIE EVENT OF THE YEAR when "Practical Magic II" comes out! Everyone I know is a fan, including me!

Lady M said...

I am so looking forward to fall. I have even had the dream. The dream in which it is Halloween but I am not ready!

Anonymous said...

☀️ 🍁 🍂 🌅 🍂 🍁 ☀️
L’équinoxe d’automne approche, accompagné d’un temps plus frai.
J’aurai des conserves à préparer et des objets artisanaux à créer :)
Monsieur Dupuis 🇨🇦

River said...

On the downside of the globe we are gearng up for Spring followed by the opening of the Gates of Hell aka Summer. Some people still do Halloween though.

Kirk said...

Oh, there's already Halloween merchandise in the store where I work.

Katerinas Blog said...

One of the most beautiful times of year for photography and walks. Wonderful colors in nature. Thank you Debra!!🍁🍂💛

My name is Erika. said...

This summer we've had some fall feeling days and not so much hot so it has felt like the start of fall. I usually try to make myself wait for September 1 though.

Ur-spo said...

yes yes yes 1 August begins the activities that peak on 31 October.

baili said...

awe !!🥹
it was such pleasant reminder of coming season 🥹😍
i love cool weather and even thinking about t is pleasing my heart

How do we know said...

LOVE all of these!