Blog award season is clearly in full swing! A big thank you to Sarah at Enjoying the Epiphany for passing another Liebster award on to me.
And many thanks as well to Leeana at Can We Have a New Witch Ours Melted and Alice M at For the Love of Life! Alice's World! for each sending another Versatile Blogger award my way.
Now, of course, I'm supposed to tell you a whole bunch of random facts about myself -- 25 facts in total, if I add up the requirements of all three tags. Plus there are 11 further questions posed by Sarah as part of her award. But my gawd, if I did all that, you'd be stone dead of boredom by the time I finished! So I'm just going to answer Sarah's 11 questions and leave it there.
1. Where were you born? In a little one-horse prairie town in a galaxy far, far away (also known as Manitoba).
2. What is your most favourite thing from childhood? A battered-up old autograph book from 1965 when I was in Grade 3. Of course, no one famous signed it (see answer to question #1).
3. Why did you start blogging and why do you blog now? For me, it's all about the fame and fortune. Shallow, I know, but that's Hollywood, baby (also known as Edmonton).
4. What is your favourite silly made-up word? "Buggerlugs" -- a fine old prairie epithet that my father used frequently.
5. Who is your favourite leading man or woman? Everyone who reads this blog knows of my inexplicable obsession with Colin Firth. I am not ashamed.
6. Who is your favourite heroine or hero from any book and why? I've always been fond of Horatio Hornblower from C.S. Forester's novels about England's Royal Navy. An honorable, intelligent introvert and man of action!
7. Have you gotten to know any of your fellow bloggers personally? I've had the pleasure of meeting two local bloggers for coffee -- Jane of Jane's Jewels and Laeli of Into The Great Wide Open. Delightful women, both of them!
8. What is your favourite holiday? Any statutory holiday that pays me to stay home and have a day off.
9. Who is your role model and why? An important part of my childhood was spent playing scenes from Anne of Green Gables with a girl named Tomboy. I had such a huge crush on Tomboy that I let her be Anne and I settled for second-banana status as Diana. (Click here for further details, if you're interested).
10. What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you there yet and are you what you wanted to be as a child? I planned on being Prime Minister of Canada. Last time I checked, I wasn't. Damn you, Stephen Harper.
11. What is your favourite quote? It's from Paracelsus -- "Be not another, if thou canst be thyself." When I was young, I read it in a Robertson Davies novel, I believe. Words to live by.