This very British-looking castle tower was built as a monument to memorialize the Battle of Stoney Creek. Battlefield Monument was officially dedicated and opened to the public on the centennial of the battle in 1913.
Battlefield Monument is located on a rise behind Battlefield House, the restored two-storey home where the Americans imprisoned the Gage family on whose farm the battle was fought. This photo of Battlefield House was taken looking down from the Monument.
Here's the Monument as photographed through a window inside Battlefield House . . .
. . . and as it appears behind the battle re-enactment field.
[Photos by Debra She Who Seeks, except for photo #2 which comes from the internet]