Monday, 21 September 2026

Monday Murals -- Gimme A Monkey Wrench, Willya?

I'm taking part today in 
Monday Murals hosted by Sami.


This charming mural was created by vignettestm,
 an Edmonton art and design company
specializing in public art, art infrastructures
and branded installations.

Fittingly, it is found on the side of
Tirecraft Auto Centre in West Edmonton.

[Photo © Debra She Who Seeks, 2026]

37 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Wonderful. I wish we had more mural art like this. There’s a nearby town nearby known for it. Maybe time for a bus ride.

Tom said...

...what we call a wrench, some call a spanner!

Val Ewing said...

Perfect title: Monkey Wrench. LOL!

Bob said...

"Tirecraft Auto Centre where Monkeys do All the Work!"

Love that mural.

Lisa said...

I could not explain why, but that picture reminds me greatly of my brother.

Duni said...

Another fabulous mural! Thank you for sharing.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

On brand and beautiful?
Perfection.

XOXO

Sami said...

Cute mural. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Debra.

Travel said...

That is so cute!

whkattk said...

And it's perfectly fitting. There are a whole, whole bunch of those lately.

Ms. Moon said...

That primate looks like he/she means business. I'd like to meet her/his tattoo artist.

Shammickite said...

Love the mural, but I have to admit I don't really like monkeys.

Cleora Borealis said...

๐Ÿ˜ฑ OMG! The tense discussions this mural has created between me and Hubby!
I knew his first comment was gonna be, "that's not a monkey wrench! ๐Ÿ”ง It's a double open-end wrench!" Sigh. ๐Ÿ™„
We compromised on it IS a monkey's wrench. ๐Ÿคญ
We both loved the artwork with the varied patterns to get hypnotized by. ๐Ÿ˜ต‍๐Ÿ’ซ
The continuing discussion has two facets. 1. Why is the monkey's pinky raised? Is it because this place supports the elegant work done by grease monkey mechanics? Good advertising! ๐Ÿ‘
2. We hope this business is not signaling a willingness to throw a monkey wrench into the works...questionable advertising. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
In other words, thank you Debra, for a stimulating morning! ๐Ÿ˜

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Cleora Borealis -- I'm not competent to voice an opinion on any of those issues, LOL! Although I did previously notice and appreciate the raised pinky finger as adding a humorous "touch of class!"

Guillaume said...

Lovely mural.

Janie Junebug said...

I love the monkey with her wrench. Makes me want to learn tire repair and replacement.

Love,
Janie

sirkkis said...

Wisually beautiful. I don't know the target group of it, so can't say anything about its effectiveness....

DB Stewart said...

I followed the link to this artist. Thanks! Such diversity...I just visited the U of A structure (letters) last week as we went to the Debaters at Horowitz theatre. Hilarious!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Monkey + wrench... ha-ha! I wonder what they would put on the side of a gynaecologist's office?

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

What a cute mural, Debra!!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ DB Stewart -- Oh, I LOVE "The Debaters" and I've always wanted to go to a taping but I've never made it to one yet!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Yorkshire Pudding -- The mind boggles!

e said...

Most appropriate advertising/art mural! It definitely catches the eye!

RedPat said...

It's a good one, Debra.

Bill said...

I love it, a very cool mural.

Mary Kirkland said...

That is an interesting mural.

Tundra Bunny said...

Great mural. Not sure if I'd patronize a Tire store that has a monkey with a wrench for a logo.

Kathy G said...

It's perfectly sited!

Anonymous said...

Trรจs amusant et crรฉatif :-)
Une excellente publicitรฉ pour le magasin de pneus, comme Bibendum, le bonhomme de Michelin.
Monsieur Dupuis ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great job. Murals take the hard edge off city streets.

Barbara said...

I thought how much I love it before I read the text. Tire Store - love it even more. Perfect.

roentare said...

This mural is well done!

Kirk said...

What a cool mural! I love the expression on that chimp's face, as if he's got some secret he just can't resist telling.

Cloudia said...

Oh I love that monkey and his wrench. Or I guess in Edmonton you would call it a spanner? Very enjoyable. Thank you aloha!

River said...

I like it ๐Ÿ˜€

Jackie McGuinness said...

He is adorable!!

DVArtist said...

Wow! This is beautifully done. I like seeing the street art from other places. Have a good day.