Tuesday, 29 September 2026

When The AI Robots Take Over














45 comments:

Bilbo said...

Love the "AI girlfriend without makeup." I'm always amazed at the number of beautiful women who seem to want to be my friend on FB.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

AI scares the living daylights out of me.

Moving with Mitchell said...

And said as ay ay ay in Spanish.

Rade said...

Oh! These are BRILLIANT!!!! Snagged a few! R

Parnassus said...

Hi Debra, It's funny how the majority of these conflate AI with robots--although that is far from an impossible combination.

sirkkis said...

There in the world is just going on serious speak about the danger of AI generally... and I think it will not stop soon...

Travel said...

I bet Amazon sells that t-shirt. Please keep AI away from the coffee maker. The washer/dryer is now in cahoots with sweet bear's phone.

roentare said...

Genuine reality in our world

Mistress Maddie said...

The coffeemaker one had me in stiches!!!! NOOOOOOOO.
And the meme about auto complete is about right I think.

Diana said...

The six beers before 11 in Spain made me laugh the most! I'd also love to see AI eat a raw herring with onions at a Dutch market stall. Some jobs are safe forever.

Lady M said...

I have already had run ins with AI that have made me scream. No thanks. I go old school and talk to the human please.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Funny, but reality can be scary!!!

Bob said...

The AI girlfriend and Robot Dick for the win!!!

DVArtist said...

These are great. I like the slave drivers and writing a report without reading a book. Have a great day today.

Lanceek said...

Oh.. how I wish we could go back to 2010..

By the way, your post made me laugh :) True about the autocorrect thing. Never liked it.

Wishing you a beautiful week!

Pixie said...

Not disturbing at all.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Hahahaha the middle manager one killed me because, true?
After all the sci-fi warnings about rogue AI people still wanna do this. It won’t be pretty and it will destroy resources left and right. Just to be able to have some stupid memes to post on Facehook and to cheat in tests. All while the billionaires get richer.
It won’t end well.

XOXO

My name is Erika. said...

These are perfect for AI. Sadly AI might be even worst than COVID was.

Tom said...

and I don't know what to think.

whkattk said...

Second graders and vapes! LOL.

ellen abbott said...

I don't think the tech bros understood that the Terminator movies and I Robot were warnings and not instruction manuals.

Janie Junebug said...

An excellent collection, Debra. When I see something ridiculous on Facebook, maybe my comment should be, You're AI.

Love,
Janie

Guillaume said...

All very funny, even though some are scary. There's a big literary scandal in the francophone world at the moment, do you know? Thelyson Orelien is accused of writing his famed debut novel using entirely AI.

DB Stewart said...

These are hilarious, with just the right combo of humour and anxiety.

Liz Hinds said...

Brilliant!
I don't even let autocorrect do its job!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

It's funny how it's only very recently that AI fears and anxieties have truly burst forth into the world's consciousness. It's like Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein" in a different costume.

e said...

These were funny even if terrifying!

Kathy G said...

It's funny how something like AI can be so funny and so scary at the same time.

RedPat said...

Scary but funny, Debra.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Guillaume -- No, I haven't heard about this! Thanks for the info -- I'll have to check it out online!

Lisca said...

What a great collection of funnies! I find AI very handy at times and I use Chast GBT more than I dare to admit, but it remains very scary....
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Anonymous said...

L’IA fera plus de mal que de bien, c’est la folie insensée des techno-oligarques.
Leur outil pour tenter de contrôler les autres.
Monsieur Dupuis 🇨🇦

Tundra Bunny said...

I'm neve usi g a toc mpl te ag in!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Some are scary, some are funny, dear Debra. The AI girlfriend without makeup is indeed an eye opener!

Mary Kirkland said...

The robots are going to take over. They are, just wait. lol

Val Ewing said...

Scary and funny. I rather dislike having AI always asking to help me.

Linda Sue said...

all damned brilliant- AI does not swear, I am real -and I LOVE the girlfriend without make up

angela said...

I often whisper, “ I welcome our Robot overlords “. Just so the AI can hear it and be nice to me when they take over lol

Barbara said...

A real toss up for fave. AI No Makeup. Shoot the Coffee Maker. Auto complete. All so good.

Kirk said...

AI will never top jokes like these...though it may appropriate a few of them.

Duni said...

These are spot on! I am doing my best to avoid anything AI.

River said...

Funny and scary. I wish there was a way for AI to die a quick death.

CaptainKirt said...

I welcome our new robotic overlords.

Mike said...

I'll shoot the toaster.

baili said...

well said my friend ,here as well we are watching and hearing such scary stuff that humanity will end in 5 years and so on...
i wonder if all the great creator of AI who are scaring people going to stop developing their enemies ??