My favorite month!!!!!!!!! I think by the feel of it we're on our way to a beautiful autumn here. And love horror movies, and I will watch a lot of them this month.
I have come to believe that I simply don't care a thing about holidays. It could possibly be because I spent so many years as a mother who had to make all of them magical for the family. Or at least try, which I do not do any more. That makes me sound so mean. I guess I am when it comes to everything from pumpkin spice to boughs of holly.
๐ Mostly, I try to be tolerant of the annual celebration of the spices that were necessary for the big orange squash to taste like real food. In my head, I scream at the McCormick Spice Co. for starting, in 1934, the slippery slope to Starbucks and the pumpkin spice abyss! ๐ณ๐ฑ But still, publicly, I have tried to roll with it. Even when McCormick announced pure pumpkin spice extract as a liquid convenience for recipes, I thought I could handle it. But, this morning I saw McCormick's recipe for a White Russian using the pumpkin spice extract...omg, I'm about to blow!! ๐คฏ ๐ฅ Especially because its recipe calls for 2 (two, only two!) tablespoons of vodka...WTF?! ๐ That may be the classic amount, but not in my Caucasian!! WWDD?! (What Would the Dude Do?!) Answer: add more vodka! ๐ณ๐คช
I have a neighbor that puts out a big display of Halloween yard decorations. They went up last weekend. I'm fine with all that but I just don't get the whole pumpkin spice thing. Ick.
@ Cleora Borealis -- A pumpkin spice White Russian with only two measly tablespoons of vodka in it? Yea verily, the End Times are upon us and we are doomed!
Saying goodbye to the sweet child of Summer is such a blessing! I can't take the hot weather and the nearly constant sun beating down. I love the moody child of Autumn! Cool temps, cloudy (rainy) days, turning leaves - perfection. Pumpkins spice... whatever. I won't harsh your mellow if you love that but, wow, is there a lot of it out there!
I didn't realize until fairly recently how much Halloween brings people together? (Teachers tend to have mixed feeling about Halloween.) But you've taught me just how inclusive it is. Well done!
The month of pumpkins! (And in my world, the only pumpkin spice will come in November, when I cook down the Halloween pumpkins to make the Thanksgiving pie.
37 comments:
Yes! Or not yes! LOL!
I did dress up on Halloween often and enjoy it. I even rode my mule dressed up around our ridge to see all 3 residents one year! How fun to dress up!
Takes me back to when my daughter was a little girl and the whole month seemed like preparation for Halloween.
Keep it on the downlow, but I am The Gay that doesn't really care about Halloween.
Autumn? Yes.
Pumpkin Spiced anything? Don't make me come for you.
My favorite month!!!!!!!!! I think by the feel of it we're on our way to a beautiful autumn here. And love horror movies, and I will watch a lot of them this month.
Good question, I do love, my birthday is on October ๐คฉ๐ช
A fun month.
I used to love dressing up for Halloween. It was fun to try out new iterations of myself.
Happy October. These are great. That is definitely me in the meme cartoon with all the yeses.
Oh yes!
Love spooky season!
XOXO
P. S. Don’t forget to watch Practical Magic!
Wishing you an Outstanding October, October is my favorite color.
Maybe not pumpkin spice latte, but the rest yes.
I have come to believe that I simply don't care a thing about holidays. It could possibly be because I spent so many years as a mother who had to make all of them magical for the family. Or at least try, which I do not do any more.
That makes me sound so mean. I guess I am when it comes to everything from pumpkin spice to boughs of holly.
@ Ms. Moon -- Fair enough! You've more than put in your time in the trenches! You've paid your dues in full!
October is my birthday month...tomorrow to be exact. It should be a favorite for me, no? But I love Summer too much. LOL.
Happy October, Debra.
BEST MONTH EVHHHAAAARRRR ๐๐ท️๐งก๐ท️๐๐งก
October means ๐๐❄️๐ฅถ all too soon in Colorado! Bah humbug!
๐ Mostly, I try to be tolerant of the annual celebration of the spices that were necessary for the big orange squash to taste like real food. In my head, I scream at the McCormick Spice Co. for starting, in 1934, the slippery slope to Starbucks and the pumpkin spice abyss! ๐ณ๐ฑ
But still, publicly, I have tried to roll with it. Even when McCormick announced pure pumpkin spice extract as a liquid convenience for recipes, I thought I could handle it. But, this morning I saw McCormick's recipe for a White Russian using the pumpkin spice extract...omg, I'm about to blow!! ๐คฏ
๐ฅ Especially because its recipe calls for 2 (two, only two!) tablespoons of vodka...WTF?! ๐
That may be the classic amount, but not in my Caucasian!! WWDD?! (What Would the Dude Do?!) Answer: add more vodka! ๐ณ๐คช
I have a neighbor that puts out a big display of Halloween yard decorations. They went up last weekend. I'm fine with all that but I just don't get the whole pumpkin spice thing. Ick.
@ whkattk -- Have a great birthday tomorrow!
@ Cleora Borealis -- A pumpkin spice White Russian with only two measly tablespoons of vodka in it? Yea verily, the End Times are upon us and we are doomed!
Saying goodbye to the sweet child of Summer is such a blessing! I can't take the hot weather and the nearly constant sun beating down. I love the moody child of Autumn! Cool temps, cloudy (rainy) days, turning leaves - perfection.
Pumpkins spice... whatever. I won't harsh your mellow if you love that but, wow, is there a lot of it out there!
There's something rebellious or subversive about Halloween that I love.
Hello darkness, my old friend...
Got a few fun plans this season Debra. How about yourself?
@ Lady M -- Oh, didn't I tell you? I'm crashing YOUR Halloween party this year!
Happy 1st day of Halloween month. lol
I didn't realize until fairly recently how much Halloween brings people together? (Teachers tend to have mixed feeling about Halloween.) But you've taught me just how inclusive it is. Well done!
The month of pumpkins! (And in my world, the only pumpkin spice will come in November, when I cook down the Halloween pumpkins to make the Thanksgiving pie.
I love Autumn! I love October!!!
Love October too! But no to pumpkin spice, yuck!!
You would be sooo welcome. But I am not having a party this year. Going to a Halloween wedding instead!
I like October because it's not as hot as August.
Love,
Janie
I take it you are a bg fan of Halloween? ๐๐
You brought the immense atmosphere of festival to me
Rough year, indeed.
And happy Autumn to you, too!
Post a Comment