Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More Gingerbread House Chronicles -- Nutrition Facts


This is a pretty standard gingerbread house -- but what's that in the corner of the yard? Why, the gingerbread house nutrition label, of course! We found this label on a goofy Hallmark card, thought it was hilarious and so incorporated it into our house design for that year. Here's what the label says:

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 5 Bites
Servings Per House: 3550
=========================
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 1200
Calories from Fat: 1150
=========================
Total Fat: 195 g (%Daily Value: 300%)
Saturated Fat: 40 g (% Daily Value: 200%)
Trans Fat: 120 g (% Daily Value: 600%)
Cholesterol: 1200 mg (% Daily Value: 400%)
Sodium: 4800 mg (% Daily Value: 200%)
Total Carbohydrate: 1650 g (% Daily Value: 550%)
Dietary Fibre: 0 g
Sugar: 8000 g
Protein: 1 g
=========================
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: 0%
Iron: 0%

25 comments:

Dark Mother said...

Who knew a diabetic coma could look so enticing.

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Hysterical addition. lol.

But, does anyone eat them, anyway? :-)

Jeanne said...

Gingerbread Houses are also a source for the all important Laughter/Merriment/Smiles ~ Each house contains 100% of a person's daily requirement!

Mombie Bwainz said...

Yummy! hahaha

Magaly Guerrero said...

But it has protein!

turquoisemoon said...

I'd have to get a bigger sports bra for sure...!!! LOL!!!

Wendy said...

I just read this very dark fairy tale book that you probably would love, perhaps...called "The Book of Lost Things" and they have a very different version of "hansel and gretel" that has lead me to think much differently about gingerbread houses. I wonder if people think about the witch and those little brats when we eat gingerbread houses, which I love btw :)

The Frog Queen said...

That is absolutely brilliant!

Cheers!

Beatnheart said...

Yikes!! Do not eat that house. Thanks for your visit...

sophie...^5 said...

MMM MMM now you are talking me language!

Mother's Moon's Message said...

too funny... love the addition adorable house

winterslytherin said...

Well, there is that 1 gram of protein...

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Yikes, that definitely TMI!!! LOL, great house!

Patsy said...

No dietary fibre? Who'd have thought it?! :o(

effortisoffering said...

Sounds like my kinda fun!!!

mistress maddie said...

And I thought it was a creative doormat!

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

well, hell.....give me one of them.

jadedj said...

I am hiding this blog from the three females with whom I live. You are an evil person D :-)

Jim said...

Look, but don't touch!

Lois said...

Good evening Debra! I arrived home from work to find my package arrived all safe and sound!

Thank you!

Thank you again...

Evan [14 year old] is excited too, he is my labyrinth buddy.

Take care!

Lois

LauraX said...

And I thought it was purely for decoration...you mean you can eat these things???

Blueberry said...

ha ha!! I love the nutrition label idea! Those houses are gorgeous!

Travis Erwin said...

I wanna see a bacon house just once. the strips would make great logs I'm thinking.

Sex, Drugs and Bacon Sandwiches said...

Is it wrong to want to live in there?

SUZY8-TRACK said...

Only 5 bites per serving? I would need at least a wall or two...but then I would become a house myself!