Tuesday 11 January 2011

More Gingerbread House Chronicles -- Candy Cane Chalet

I was browsing through My Rare One's photo archives the other night and what did I discover but a couple more photos of past gingerbread houses that we created! Since we're still close enough to the holiday season, I thought screw it, I'll just post them now.

So I present to you today's offering -- the Candy Cane Chalet!


We were going for a nordic look with the upturned candy canes. Hmmm. The primarily green and white colour scheme with just a touch of red strikes me now as a bit too subdued for a gingerbread house. Also, the cracker shutters are too plain. But still, I like this whimsical little cottage!

17 comments:

Snap said...

I'm glad you found another gingerbread house to share. I like this little cottage, too!

Wendy said...

This is awesome! The upturned candy canes and chocolate bar door are a stroke of genius!

Anonymous said...

I wish my front door was made of chocolate.

Lemmy Caution said...

Very cute. Let me break off a piece!

mxtodis123 said...

You make some great gingerbread houses. It's something I always wanted to do. I love this one.
Mary

Jeanne said...

Charming... Simplistic... Yummy! :0)

Patsy said...

How cute! :o) If only they looked and tasted the same made with high-fibre crispbreads and Laughing Cow Light! ;o)

Mother Moon said...

somthing I have always wanted to do yet never have. love it..

Jim said...

Looks good enough to eat! And yes, very Nordic!

Kathy said...

I've never tried to make a gingerbread house. Yours are so magnificent that I will just live vicariously. :-)

yellowdoggranny said...

I used to have a hair cut just like that in the 60's...ha

Laura said...

I love the turned up canes...I could get cozy in there...is it a ranch? I need a one level home now...how wide are the doorways, is it wheelchair accessible??? A little colored icing, a few gum drops...easy to add a little color...nice curb appeal. I like it.

Wendilea said...

Simply delightful!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

That is such a coooool Nordic look! You two are brilliant! :-) But you knew that, didn't you?

Nice to offer for my Garden Gnome to leave his snow bound existence and come live in you cute house. But... I fear, he's be way too big.

At least he'd be warm and out of the snow though. Even if the lower part of him and all of his frog, were outside the little house. ,-)

Gentle winter hugs...

Southpaw said...

Very nice. I like the door.

DB Stewart said...

Impressive. I would totally switch for this gingerbread house.

Makropoulos said...

yeah, it is nice!
I used to make mammoth gingerbread houses. I'll have to find the photos of the one modeled after my grandmother's house. . . thanks for posting these memories for me!