Wednesday 28 October 2009

A New Model for Canada-U.S. Relations?


I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this cartoon over at Yellowdog Granny's blog a couple of days ago. Of course, we Canadians are much too friendly, nice and just plain polite to actually SAY this to our beloved American neighbour. But, you know, sometimes we like to THINK it when we're fantasizing about what it would be like if we were a rough, tough Superpower too. And then we give our toques a shake and go back to reality!

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Hahahaha! Hilarious, Debra! I'm sure it would feel good to bitch slap our smugness now and then, huh? Sometimes, I want to do it myself! And I live here! Have a great day. xo

Renee said...

Love it, too funny, especially the shaking of the toques.

Your new header looks great.

Love Renee xoxo

yellowdoggranny said...

let me tell you..if we were on top..well, we'd be glad cause then you'd have to deal with all the illegal mexicans, columbians, etc. ha...oh im going to hell for that.

mxtodis123 said...

That was too funny. I've never been to Canada, but work with someone from Montreal and I love when she talks of growing up there.
Mary

Rue said...

LOL -you are right - we are too polite to ever say something like that! This is cute though. Reminds me a bit of those "I am Canadian" beer commercials!

Dancing With Fey said...

The picture is just too cute.

And I just have to rant...why the heck are we called "Americans"??? There is an entire northern American continent AND an entire southern American continent. We don't even take up half of the northern American continent, so how come we get to call ourselves "the Americans," as though we were the only people on the American continents, and how come everyone else in the world goes along with it??

Ok, I'll try to stop ranting now...it's just something that can really get to me, and someone using the A word, like you did in your post, can set me off.