Thursday 30 September 2010

Riverdale Labyrinth


trickling fountain
loud in the silent air --
labyrinth room

with moontime flow
I enter the labyrinth
the ancient seven circuits
honouring the Divine Feminine

I round the turns called
the breasts of the Goddess
spiraling
I go to the centre
and back again

I am a 21st century woman
yet this labyrinth stirs
an ancient response

many before me have walked this path

footsteps

theirs and mine

too soon
the labyrinth ends
the world beyond
awaits

© Debra She Who Seeks 2006


[Photos © Sheryl Ackerman. Used by permission. Thanks, Sheryl!]

16 comments:

Jim said...

I like this Debra. I can 'feel' your journey on the path. And yes, we always have to return to the 'world beyond'. But the journey can be so good.

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful.

brandi said...

~debra...eloquent are your words and beautifully written...i got chills as i read each word...i am at peace this morning...much l♥ve and light upon you~

mxtodis123 said...

That was lovely. Such beautiful words from a beautiful person.
Mary

in the west I am the dragon said...

a beautiful piece debra
as well
a nice journey back to riverdale
a fav. hall
thanks
p

Cindy said...

Debra, I love this, you know I had never thought about labyrinths before, but you have reeled me in, I love Riverdale. have a great day.

RA said...

I love the idea of you being somewhere else while walking the labyrinth. Which you very probably were. ;)

fromsophiesview said...

Indoor labyrinth! Why hadn't I thought of this before? Just a wee bit slow I guess.

Anonymous said...

Nice.

City Wiccan said...

Lovely!!

yellowdoggranny said...

oh how lovely...thank you.

Judy said...

Very nice!!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful piece, Debra, with its mystical connection to the past, and its light leading into the future! A poem of hope and renewal..just lovely!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

"trickling fountain
loud in the silent air --
labyrinth room"

Such a lovely mind picture...

Moira said...

What beautiful words...

Makropoulos said...

Nice --
this labyrinths are fascinating. Makes me want to build one!