Monday 22 June 2020

Virtual Pride Parade!


Covid-19 can't stop Pride!

So are we ready?

Rainbow flag, check.
Rainbow bling, check.

But that photo doesn't really do justice to
my rhinestone rainbow ball cap, 
so here's a better shot, LOL --


Every Pride Parade needs music
with a loud, driving dance beat,
so turn up the volume and let this
video mix play while you're
scrolling through the Parade!



Okay, we're all set now!

Let's get this 
Parade going!

First up, a beautiful
rainbow scarf handcrafted by 
anne marie in philly of


is here with a great photo he took at the
March on Washington for Marriage Equality --


This wonderful rainbow art stone is from
brewella deville of Fort Kickass --


Next up, Shirley of BootsandBraids 
is here in full rainbow mode! 


And Cat with all her colourful 
stripes on display too! 
Peace, baby!


Liz of Finding life hard? has brought along
all her rainbow flowers plus a great sign --


Jackiesue of Yellowdog Granny is next 
with her artist friend Michael 
and his outstanding rainbow art . . .


. . . plus Michael's rainbow vase collection!


Hold on to your wigs, girls!

Yes, it's Mistress Maddie 
in her rainbow drag finery! 


And the Mistress has a special
greeting for you all --

"I'm not ladylike, nor am I manly.
I am something else altogether. 
There were so many different 
ways to be beautiful."

Happy Pride to all! Cheers!


Give a big cheer for the
out 'n proud pets of
Frank from Reluctant Rebel blog . . .


. . . plus Frank himself in a striking rainbow fedora!


And here's Frank's husband Leon in a few 
Pride Parade shots from years gone by --





Next, a parade participant from our
hidden historical past has been brought
by Jim of Road to Parnassus!

In 1938 at the University of Kansas, Miss Erlene Hale
was voted "Perfect Male" by her "co-ed" peers
(i.e. other women students) in the annual
"Puff Pants Prom" to which no men were admitted.

The handsome Miss Hale lived all her life in Kansas
and [*wink*] never married.

[Photo © Acme Newspictures, 1938]


Say, who's this hopping along
the parade route?

It's Tundra Bunny and she says:

"EVERY BUNNY LOVES A PARADE!!"


The very colourful Anne of The Gods Are Bored
is a seasoned marcher, protester and mummer!
Now she's gracing our Pride Parade too --


Linda of Yéyé Dolls is celebrating with her
exuberant "Rainbow Dress Fashionista Barbie" --


But alas, all good things
must come to an end.

Our Pride Parade concludes
with a wonderful new painting created
by Stacy of Magic Love Crow, entitled:

"Beautiful, YOU Are" --


Sincere thanks to
everyone who participated!

I appreciate the time
and effort you took to
make this Virtual Pride
Parade a success!

Happy Pride, Everybody!

44 comments:

Furree Katt said...

Happy Pride! Loved seeing everyone's contributions!

Hopefully I'll be able to participate next year (or if you have any other virtual events coming up, that would be awesome too. as a new follower I totally missed the memo)

Parnassus said...

Hello Debra, What a great post--I can feel the love and pride in every entry. A big thank you to all the participants.
--Jim

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Happy Pride!
Love all the photos! The spirit of pride lives on, pandemic or not!

XOXO

DEZMOND said...

Happy Pride

jaz@octoberfarm said...

well done!!!

Moving with Mitchell said...

Where to begin... All heartwarming and joyful contributions. Thanks to you and everyone. And, wow, some inspiring artists, too: Magic Love Crow, artist friend Michael, brewella deville, anne marie. And Mistress Maddie with another mouthful [of flowers]. Oh, and YOUR rhinestone rainbow ball cap!

anne marie in philly said...

I LOVE liz's sweater, michael's rainbow vases, the mistress, frank's doggies, the bunnies, and barbie.

I knit the rainbow scarf for my friend sassybear in NY.

TYVM, debra, for a great parade! LOVE IS LOVE!

Bob said...

As usual, I made a note and then the days got away from me.
Love the photos!

Mike said...

I forgot about this along with a t-shirt I have that would have fit in. Oh well, maybe next year.

LL Cool Joe said...

What a fantastic Pride Parade! Love each and every photo. Well done to everyone that took part!

Marie Smith said...

That last piece is incredible! Love the music too. It makes the legs and arms move in happy ways.

Frank said...

Great Parade! And a nice diversion from a busy news day. You do a superb blog...always something for both the eyes and the spirit. Happy Pride Debra!

Travel said...

Great Fun, thank you for inviting us all along for the parade!

Lady M said...

Wow what a super parade - glad to see all the interesting submissions.

Busy Bee Suz said...

This was so much fun for me. I was bee-bopping down the entire parade. SO many wonderful people contributed!!

Rosemary said...

Love your rhinestone rainbow ball cap.

Linda said...

One of the best parades ever!!!

brewella deville said...

Someone took the time to paint that little stone, carry it up a hill, and hide it in an out of the way spot for someone else (me) to find. I found it one day when I was feeling pretty low, and it made me so happy. I like to think that by finding it, I made a wish come true for the person who went to the trouble to leave it there. Now I've left it for you all, and the next time I climb a hill, I'll hide it for someone else to find and hopefully cheer them up on a day when they're feeling blue. Happy Pride 2020, Debra.

DVArtist said...

Oh this is an excellent parade. I am so sorry that I totally forgot about it being today. I celebrate with you and all the wonderful gay people. Especially my grandson and his partner. Spread the love.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This is a fabulous way of bringing us together in Pride! Most exciting blog post I've seen in a very long time.

Thank you for the PRIDE Parade. It gives me energy of the best kind.
I especially love me some Mistress!

Thank you, Debra.
Encore.

Hena Tayeb said...

So fantastic!

Brian Joseph said...

Happy Pride.

Virtual parades are neat. But hopefully next year the parades will be real

yellowdoggranny said...

I love this so much

Tundra Bunny said...

What a great parade, Deb! (cue applause) And kudos to Mistress Maddie for making rubber gloves look glamourous!

Happy Translesbigayapalooza to all!

Guillaume said...

Happy Pride!

Joanne Noragon said...

Love you all.

Agnes Goldberg-DeWoofs said...

Oh how FABULOUS everybody is!!!!!! Now if I could wear Liz's sweater and the Mistress's huge up do with flowers I'd be all set.

sandy said...

fun to see everyone so happy and i saw Stacy's art at her page. It's wonderful! i enjoyed reading your post.

baili said...

wow that was truly fun dear Debra :)))

i loved rain as child and i still do
never saw such rainbow flood ,so AMAZING :)
thank you for fun and amusement and for links
it was nice to know your friends

more blessings !

Liz Hinds said...

Wonderful parade! Fabulous colours and people!

The Happy Whisk said...

I loved this post it made me smile the entire time looking at it and to end it with Stacy's work was BRILLIANT!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I love prades and your on line prade no one rain on it

Mistress Maddie said...

Sweet Mary Mother of Pearl....am I ever late to this party! Im still in Ptown...but wanted to see the parade!!!!!! This was such a fun thing to do Debs...thanks a bunch for hosting such a fun and dazzling pride! Great job everyone!

Mistress Maddie said...

@Linda Thank you Linda! Being in Ptown, the flowers are also scented...figured it would be a good way to keep the virus and fish smells away!!!!!

@Tundra Bunny...they sure have gotten me the looks when out, I'll say that. Yes, I have worn them out to store and such and gotten giggles. Debs will vouch for me I'm nuts.

Martha said...

These were all amazing! That rainbow vase collection is awesome.

This N That said...

Good job everyone..A very special parade..Love the crow painting..Benni and Gilbert are all set...Perfect vases..Fort kicks??Never saw that on the map..Love your cap...Enjoyed the parade...thanks for all your work!!!

pam nash said...

That was a great parade and I enjoyed every minute! Thank you!

Countess de Buchetta said...

That was some great fun!!!!!! I saw Mistress Maddie had a link and I ended up here...I must follow....and I need that ball cap.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I really liked all the contributions, so much craftiness and fun and hope put together. And I love, love, love the blooming mask and the stunningly rainbowy crow.

Pride shan't be denied!

Kirk said...

A great collection!

Ur-spo said...

What marvelous photos all ! Thank you for sharing them.

Fundy Blue said...

Sorry I'm late for the parade, Debra! But better late than never. I enjoyed seeing every participant! I have to give a special shout out to Stacy and her gorgeous crow. She is so talented.

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb!!!!! Great parade! I forgot to comment, after I posted on my blog! Sorry! I love the picture of you and your hat! So cute! Great music!! I think the rainbow scarf is so pretty! Really enjoyed all the pictures and how everyone participated!! So much fun! Thanks Deb!!! Happy Pride!

Rommy said...

I am ready for next year's parades with a "Mama Orgullosa" t-shirt in rainbow letters!