Sunday 19 November 2023

Sunday Seven


A roundup of this week's shenanigans --

LUNCHED: with friends at The Cajun House restaurant in St Albert. Foolishly, I didn't order the Louisiana Alligator Boudin appetizer. What was I thinking?

SAFETY FIRST: all the sprinkler heads in our apartments were checked and cleaned of drywalling/painting debris by a technician this week.

DRUM TALK: while checking the sprinkler head in my storage closet, the young technician spotted my deer hide hoop drum and told me he was making a moose hide drum with his elder. We had a great chat about drumming. He was worried his drum might warp after the wet hide was laced and dried, so I told him to buy a cedar drum hoop from British Columbia if he could obtain one, because cedar (unlike other wood) does not warp.

WATCHED: my favourite swashbuckling hero's latest movie, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish. Five out of five stars for the only feline with more cattitude than HRH!


HADDOCK HEAVEN: went with a friend for dinner at Brits Fish and Chips. For authenticity, to go with salt on our chips, we hit the vinegar bottle hard -- white for me, malt for her.

WENT TO: three (3) Holiday Craft Markets! My Christmas shopping is now done! At one of them, ran into two friends I haven't seen for awhile and had a lovely catch-up chat.

LAUGH OF THE WEEK: my sister is a major Chris Evans fan, so I emailed her this fanart I found on the internet celebrating Captain America A.K.A. "America's Ass." She very cheekily asked "Is this the Two of Pentacles from a new tarot deck by any chance?"


26 comments:

Bob said...

You didn't have the Alligator Boudin???

What's Alligator Boudin?

And thanks for Chris Evan's Ass; what a way to start the day!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Bob -- Apparently "boudin" is some kind of sausage made out of alligator meat. And yes, I knew all the gay guys would appreciate America's Ass!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

The Blog tech loves alligator. i'd eat it if it was on those buns.

Pixie said...

That is quite the muscular ass:)

I love craft fairs but Jack would want to touch everything, so for now, they're a no go. Sounds like you had a great week.

Kirk said...

Puss without boots and Chris Evans without clothes. A revelatory post today.

Liz Hinds said...

Another good week. I don't think any man has a butt like that!

Travel said...

The last image, makes it easy to forget the week.

Boud said...

An action packed week!

Marcia LaRue said...

Didn't laugh at the ass, however, the two of pentacles question had me laughing out loud!

Old Lurker said...

I feel there are more competitive candidates for America's Ass, many of whom belong to the Republican party.

Honestly, I am glad you got your sprinklers checked.

Now I am wondering whether alligators are endangered. I figure there are probably factory farms for them so we can have belts and boots.

Mistress Maddie said...

I was going to say something or other about the Alligator Boudin appetizer but then the fan art of Chris Evans distracted me..........

Cleora Borealis said...

The thing I like most about Marvel movies is the little gifts they give to the audience in some quick visual "Easter eggs" or funny, self-knowing dialogue. One of my favorite examples: In "Avengers: The Endgame" Captain America gets a chance to destroy Captain America...confusing ain't it?! As the victor in the fight, Cap looks at himself face-down on the floor and says "hmmm, that IS America's ass!" Damn right it is!! 😘

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Cleora Borealis -- I'm glad (and impressed) that you know the film origin of "America's Ass"! You must be as big a fan of the MCU as I am!

Anonymous said...

Two of Pentacles or Two of Wands (or, ahem, Rods)...

How great to be an experienced drummer and giver of quality drum advice! I'm sure the young man is now searching for a cedar hoop.

Have not yet seen the Puss in Boots movie but I will. You are right, that is one sassy cat!

Cheers!
E

Mike said...

Hey! Somebody photoshopped Chris Evans's head on my body!

Tundra Bunny said...

Better to be America's ass than America's wang like Florida!

roentare said...

The card looks like a striptease in evolution.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Japan art, can't think artist. But I can see the "Wave"
Coffee is on.

Ur-spo said...

Looks more like the Knight of Wands

Joanne Noragon said...

A good week, especially craft fairs.

Marie Smith said...

Looks like Puss in Boots is a must see.

Moving with Mitchell said...

Lol! The Two of Rods. If that’s hat Chris Evans’ ass looks like, count me as a fan.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You should always have alligator given the chance.
I love running into friends I've not visited in a while!
I'd give my left big toe to have ass cheeks that firm.

Adam said...

I haven't seen any of the Puss in Boots movies

I feel like it was false advertising 🤣

This N That said...

Sounds like a good week!!! No Alligator??

baili said...

good to have cleaning service at apartment
meeting friends during shopping must be fun

how nice your shopping for Christmas is done dear Debra :)

your sister is an enthusiast no doubt :)

wishing you all the best for everything you are upto my wonderful lovely friend!