Saturday 23 December 2023

Canadian Santa(s)

Craig Baird, who posts at Canadian History Ehx,
recently used AI to give Santa a true Canadian makeover!

Here's how Santa looks in each of Canada's
10 provinces and 3 territories --

In British Columbia, he's a hippy-dippy flower child
kind of Santa, probably high on something --


While in Alberta, Santa works in the oil fields --


Down on the farm in Saskatchewan,
Santa rocks his thick thermal plaid --


In Manitoba, laid-back Santa loves
to spend the winter ice fishing and
keeping warm the old-fashioned way --


Ontario hipster Santa loves coffee
and the trendy urban scene --


In Quebec, Père Noel wears French bleue
and continues to enjoy his Gauloises --


Meanwhile in New Brunswick,
Santa takes a hike through a snowy forest,
dodging those huge logging trucks --


In Nova Scotia, Santa wears his trusty
 oil slickers and is always ready
to go out deep sea fishing --


Prince Edward Island Santa
just wants to stroll along
those beautiful red sand beaches --


In Newfoundland and Labrador,
Santa has caught a big fish
out on the Grand Banks --


Up in Nunavut, Santa is
out on the tundra, all
bundled up in fur to keep warm.
Here in the Arctic, he's close
to his home at the North Pole --


Northwest Territories Santa is
born to be wild, man --


While Yukon Santa is heeding
a different call of the wild.
"Mush, mush!" --


Our national anthem should be
"Ho Ho Ho Canada!"
don't you think?

32 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I love the Hippy Dippy Santa! Yep, that would be my guy!

roughterrain crane said...

It's great fun to know there are so many Santa Clauses in this world today. Ho ho ho!

Adam said...

I wasn't super impressed with the Santa this year with the kids. Just some middle-aged guy with a fake beard

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i really really enjoyed this. tugged right at my canadian heartstrings!

Travel said...

A wonderful collection,

Rommy said...

Northwest Santa looks really friendly

Liz Hinds said...

I think Nova Scotia is my favourite. I thought it would be the hippy but I suspect he's too far into his own navel to care about anyone else.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I enjoyed that, Debra! Our family isn't reflective of the coffee drinking hipster Ontario Santa, though! What does small town, instant drinking coffee Santa look like ;) ? Merry Christmas! -Jenn

Bob said...

I love the different Santas and it's taught me a lot about what parts of Canada are like.
I'm loving Hippy Dippy Santa!

Ellen D. said...

Fun!
Merry Christmas to you, Debra!

Pam said...

Love them and wish I could visit all of your beautiful provinces.
Merry Christmas!

Granny Annie said...

Wow, let me wrap my arms around a big hug from each of these Santa's. They are brawny fellows for sure. Thanks for sharing Debra.

Boud said...

Whoa, Canada! Great showing.

Moving with Mitchell said...

These are exceptional. I think the provinces and territories should be required to meet these standards.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Ho Ho Ho. I think my favourite is the one from Nunavut and the one from Nova Scotia has a nice smile.

Marie Smith said...

Love these. The east coast island Santas are perfect!

Janie Junebug said...

I like BC Santa. Getting high for Christmas and staying that way through New Year's sounds like a mighty good idea.

Love,
Janie

Kirk said...

Funny, and a good way to learn about Canada.

carol l mckenna said...

amazing Santas ~ love the one with the Husky dogs ~ Xo

Merry Christmas to you and your family ~ ^_^

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Mike said...

Yukon Santa has lots of doggies to help keep him warm.

Parnassus said...

Hello Debra, The Nova Scotia and Nunavut Santas look the most generous. It looks like the poor kids in Newfoundland and Labrador are going to get fish in their stockings.
--Jim

Mistress Maddie said...

To too funny!!!!!

I'm really digging the Quebec and New Brunswick Santa's!!!!

roentare said...

This is true calendar of Santas!

Tundra Bunny said...

My, what a big sleigh-load of Canadian tropes you have, Grandma! The Quebecois Santa gave me the biggest belly laugh, with Newfie Santa a close second, LOL!

Leanna said...

I'm a little partial to the Saskatchewan Santa, myself. He's kinda cute.

Richard said...

Oh ho ho ho these are great! Merry Christmas Canada!

Joanne Noragon said...

Perfect Santas. Ho, ho, ho Canada,indeed.

baili said...

Santa is a Fascinating figure for me dear Debra so thanks for introducing how Santa varies sate to state :)
Happy Christmas to you and loved ones ,may it be filled with warmth of love ,softness of peace and glitter of happiness my friend!
hugs

Pixie said...

I'm must be getting older because some of those Santa's look hot:)

Polly said...

I love the Santas, my favourite is Quebec.

G. B. Miller said...

Santa seems to be a bit more laid back in the Canadian provinces than he ever would in the States.

e said...

These are wonderful! I'm forwarding to my friends in Kelowna!

Cheers!
E