[A link party about art issues hosted by
Nicole of DVArtist, Art, Food and Everyday Things]
Here are the rest of my favourites
from the juried Art Quilt Exhibition at the
Art Gallery of Southwestern Manitoba
in Brandon, Manitoba.
As stated in last Sunday's post,
thirty-three artists present their uniquely personal
interpretations of the theme "Renewal"
in this touring exhibition curated by
A Chinook Renewal of Winter (2019)
by Sabrina Capune
(Alberta)
Twister2 (2022)
by Diane Nunez
(Michigan)
There is a Crack in Everything... (2022)
by Jenny Perry
(North Carolina)
Long Street Legacy (2023)
by Linda Strowbridge
(Maryland)
Beneath our Surface (2023)
by Mary Cope
(Ontario)
Germination (2015)
by Lorraine Roy
(Ontario)
[Photos © Debra She Who Seeks, 2026]







15 comments:
I'm not sure that "Twister 2" is actually a quilt, but it is interesting. Quilt shows can be fun.
These are beautiful!!!
Those are all so amazing. Shocking what people can create!
Having a bio degree, that below the surface one really spoke to me. And Twister was an interesting view too. I think you found a super exhibit Debra.
Amazing work, I have a neighbor who urges us all to learn to quilt.
Love these!
The last two grabbed me.
...I love quiolts and you have several, but these certainly aren't granny's quilts. They are fabric art!!!
Incredible!
Wow! Simply amazing how quilting has emerged into a full time art spectacular. I know a few quilters who just make art with fabric. Very impressive. Thank you for sharing with SITAR and have a happy Sunday.
Unbelievably gorgeous!
gotta love those salmon drying
@ Gidget Blue Sky -- I AGREE, sister cat Gidget! These STUPID HUMANS all missed that BRILLIANT interpretation! Sometimes I just SHAKE MY HEAD.
@ Her Royal Highness -- Now, now, HRH, no name-calling on my blog!
@ Gidget Blue Sky -- Thank you for your unique interpretation of the "Twister2" art quilt.
Lovely exhibition!
Post a Comment