Monday, 3 August 2026

Monday Murals -- Party At The Bus Stop!

I'm taking part today in 
Monday Murals hosted by Sami.


Funny, I don't remember it being
THIS much fun to take the bus every day.

But it will be, if you catch
your transit bus HERE!

[Mural by unknown artist
at the corner of 107 Avenue
and 124 Street, Edmonton, Alberta]

[Photo © Debra She Who Seeks, 2026]

32 comments:

Bilbo said...

My bus stop was just over the crest of a hill. It was always hit-or-miss if the bus would see me and stop as it roared over the crest. Sigh.

Mistress Maddie said...

I'm glad your city embraces murals so much. Both Harrisburg and Philadelphia are also very mural happy.

Sami said...

A fun mural by the bus stop for sure! Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Debra.

My name is Erika. said...

I'd want to ride that bus too. It looks like a fun party. :)

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Love it when they let graffiti artists brighten our days.

XOXO

Liz Hinds said...

I do love a good mural.

Travel said...

My condo has a shuttle bus to and from the nearest subway station, I made some dear friends waiting for and riding that bus BC (before Covid.)

Tom said...

...recently our youngest granddaughters were talking about school buses and I said the I hjad never ridden on one. Growing up in the city, I walked to school or took a city bus.

Bob said...

Now that one has to make people smile!

Klara said...

fun and cheerful.

DB Stewart said...

Fantastic mural.
You just reminded me of how my childhood bus rides were also much more like a prison transport than art tour, lol.

Iris Flavia said...

Great they all get along so well!!! Great mural.

CaptainKirt said...

You 'take' the bus, does that not annoy the driver? 🤣🤣🤣 We say 'catch' the bus, that's why I found it funny. I do love the mural.

Bill said...

A very cheerful mural.

Parnassus said...

Hello Debra, These people are definitely on something. Nothing would make a group of people that happy, especially the prospect of taking the bus.
--Jim
p.s. More blog weirdness. I have not seen your blog in several days, then a whole bunch arrived at once!

Moving with Mitchell said...

I love your murals. I wish we had more here in town. There’s a town about a half hour from us that is known for its murals.

RedPat said...

They all look so happy.

whkattk said...

Oh, I **hated** taking the bus. We were rural, to boot, so I had to get up damn early.... [yawn....]

Cleora Borealis said...

🤩 I've really been enjoying your examples of Canadian art on walls and in exhibitions. Let me add one example by an artist from Vancouver Island. Her portrait of Donald Trump, with horse manure as the medium,* sold immediately. "Don of Dung" could have sold for much more than $2K and I imagine it will in some future auction! 💩🤣
* ‘Don of Dung:’ Portrait of Trump Made with Manure Sells for Big Bucks https://share.google/TORgJRJdfk11EBBi3

sirkkis said...

Nice mural indeed 😄
Thanks for visiting my place and nice comment.
Sure you can use the picture and thanks for asking🥰

Quinley said...

That's such a cute mural, I love seeing murals they always make places happier to me.
-Quinley

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Cleora Borealis -- Hahahahahaha, that's hilarious! Thanks for the link!

e said...

I loved being a bus commuter and even miss it a little bit. Good reading time. Sadly neither of my daily stops had such a cheerful mural to distract the eye.

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde minha querida amiga Débra. Sou apaixonado por esses murais. Sempre coloco no meu Blogger, como Arte Urbana, uma excelente tarde de segunda-feira para você e todos os seus familiares no Canadá e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

Barbara said...

I love Murals on Buildings. This one is really cute. It would make me smile while waiting for the bus (if anything could).

Anonymous said...

Une si belle fresque murale pour égayer un arrêt de autobus.
Nous avons de beaucoup murales à Montréal, ainsi que le festival de murales en juin.
Monsieur Dupuis 🇨🇦

Lady M said...

When l lived in Toronto, I loved taking the public transport - buses, subways, and even trollys. It was a great system.

magiceye said...

A lovely happy mural!

River said...

Great mural, I like it very much.

angela said...

We don’t have many murals where I live. There really isn’t any large spaces for them. But we do have mindless graffiti.
And that never looks nice. Artistic graffiti I do enjoy.

Guillaume said...

I love that mural for some reason. Yet it makes me feel melancholic. Like when you get back to school.

baili said...

such a delightful mural dear Debra ,it has strong positive vibe which we hardly see around while travelling these days :
glad you shared❤️