Sunday 6 June 2010

Versatile Blogger Award!


Thanks so much, Inannasstar at Ramblings of a Domestic Goddess and Cora at The Postulations of an Iconoclast, for giving me a Versatile Blogger Award! Both of you are such versatile bloggers yourselves -- covering all sorts of interesting topics and viewpoints -- that I'm especially honoured to receive this from you!

The rules are:
1. Thank the person(s) who gave the Award to you and link to their blogs.
2. Share 7 things about yourself that others may not know.
3. Nominate up to 15 other versatile bloggers who you recently discovered and who you think are fantastic (and link to their blogs too).
4. Let them know about the Award!
(Rules are flexible, in case you're not good with rules!)

So, seven things about myself . . . hmmm . . . okay, here are seven favourite things of mine (at the moment):

1. Movie (freely admitted): Casablanca -- "The Germans wore grey. You wore blue."

2. Movie (shamefully admitted): You Don't Mess With The Zohan -- I despise Adam Sandler in every movie but this one.

3. TV show (freely admitted): Kingdom -- from Britain, starring the fabulous Stephen Fry.

4. TV show (shamefully admitted): Judge Judy -- I love it when she rips people a new one.

5. Movie star (freely admitted): Meryl Streep -- who doesn't love her?

6. Movie star (shamefully admitted): Keanu Reeves -- I honestly do think that he's a good actor!

7. Comic (both freely and shamefully admitted): Stephen Colbert -- even though he called Canadians "maple syrup sucking ice-holes."

Whew! Now here's my list of versatile and fabulous blogger nominees. All of them I have just recently (or fairly recently) started reading so if you're looking for some good new blogs, check them out!


Annie's Hearth at Annie's Hearth

Beadwright at Beadwright

Ricky Shambles at Cause for Concern

City Wiccan at City Wiccan

Rayna M. Iyer at Coffee Rings Everywhere

Twain12 at Eye in the Sky

The Frog Queen at Frog on the Pumpkin


Little Messy Missy at Little Messy Missy




young-eclectic-encounters at young-eclectic-encounters

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam Sandler? Really? Looks like I'll have to see this one, just to check... and if it's crap I'll be back to shout ;0)

City Wiccan said...

Thanks for mentioning me!! I will check out these other people too. So now I give 7 things?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, City Wiccan, if you choose to accept the award and play along with the meme, you must reveal 7 things about yourself! *bwahahahaha*

Little Messy Missy said...

Thanks

Anonymous said...

I love Meryl Streep too. Such poise and grace.

I snicker at Stephen Colbert's comment... Canadians do get a lot of ribbing in the States, but it's done in a sibling love way. We heart Canada, really :)

Patsy said...

I'm incredulous at Keanu Reeves... I can only assume you're being ironic?!? ;o)

Congrats on the award!

Anne Johnson said...

Here are seven things about me:

1. My daughter is failing French.
2. Typical, she has to do a whole project in one day.
3. It's 12:25 and she's still working on the first of seven pictures (no prose in any languge yet).
4. I will post the French on my blog as soon as it's fractured from her justifiably failing pen.
5. If you can even read it, you can leave corrections in a comment.
6. It doesn't have to be rocket science. If it's really good, the teacher will think Spare cheated.
7. Don't lose sleep or change your day. Spare's not going to fail French, because the teacher can't stand her and wouldn't want to see her grim visage in the classroom a whole year more. (As for me, I would rather Spare fail and learn the doggone language than squeak by not knowing it at all.)

Anne Johnson said...

I'm going to post The Spare's fractured French later today on my blog. You will be rewarded for your help!

RA said...

Congratulations for the award! :)
And thank you for mine! I hereby solemnly promise to do my best to live up to this award.... :)

mxtodis123 said...

Congrats to a wonderful person. I do agree with you about Keanu. Most just think of him as a pretty face, but he can act.
Mary

DVArtist said...

Ohhh thank you so much. I accept with honor. And thanks for your compliments on my new piece.
Have a great day
Nicole/Beadwright

Snap said...

Congratulations and thank you! I'll give this some thought and try to come up with seven things. It will take some thought! :D :D :D

yellowdoggranny said...

you deserve them all.

laughingwolf said...

hey deb, how's alberta these days?

not been there in years! :)

Jeanne said...

Congrats on the award! Well deserved!

Rue said...

Meryl is so fab. I want to be her when I grow up.

Congrats on the award!

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Ah, thanks for sharing...I too love Kingdom (adore Stephen Fry, even when he is hosting iQ)!! And thanks for the award. I feel honored!!!

Cheers!

Donna B. said...

Thank you so very much for the Award Debra!! You made my day! I will comply with the rules and get it up as soon as I make a dent in this "to do" list I have and eliminate the clutter on this thing that used to be a desk! I am just THRILLED!! Thank you so very much! xoxo

Melita said...

you are SO incredibly sweet! thank you for passing the award onto me. and it couldn't have come at a better time either (you know the crazed time i've had recently - studying and passing the massage therapy national exam! ps thank you SO much for your comments, your well wishes and your congrats, that really meant the world to me!!) :) hugs!!

CorvusCorax12 said...

congrats and thank you for the award

Natasha said...

I have finally passed the Award on today- how I adore hoarding them!!!

Thank you so much, and have a great holiday.