For today's Friday Face OFF link party
of art featuring faces, hosted by Nicole of
Recently, blogging buddy Mr. Shife
did an entertaining post on his blog,
showing his use of "on-brand" stickers.
He inspired me to show you
my own collection of "on-brand" stickers,
many of which have faces suitable for FFO!
Plus there is another "arty" connection.
They are found on the front of my homemade Art Portfolio,
which I use to transport art paper, bond paper, and transfer paper
to art classes (in order to keep them flat and protected).
Behold my collection!
Rather than shell out bigga bigga bucks for a real portfolio,
I made one out of a Costco brand coffee pod box,
using clear packing tape and the world's ugliest
Mactac self-adhesive contact paper.
Here's the inside of the portfolio --
And next is the back view showing the
unadorned hideous Mactac
(it was the only roll Canadian Tire had).
The portfolio is kept closed by two big
silver "bulldog" fold-back clips --
So I'm sure you see the invaluable service
provided by the plethora of stickers on the front,
hiding that Mactac as best they can.
[Photos © Debra She Who Seeks, 2026]




41 comments:
Clever in the use of materials!
"But first, Coffee."
Yes, ma'am!!
I kinda like the Mactac design. It's giving me ... something!
...my dear friend, I'm impressed.
Nice.
Commenting as "One who puts the 'P' in CRAFT", this is fantastic!
That's a great idea for a portfolio. I really like it. Plus it recycles materials. And I'm loving the stickers, especially the bees!
Hey! It works, right? Not tooooo ugly at all. lol. Now I want to contact paper something. lol. xo Diana
Love!
I have stickers in the front and back of both my Mac and my ipad Love the coffee ones and the kitties. My fav may be the ‘This is fine”one, though….
XOXOX
If it gets the job done...
Genious! Well done!!
I've made portfolios that way. Beats paying money that could go on actual art supplies. No stickers though, I'm sticker challenged.
Back in my interios design school days I had a portfolio...they are not cheap...so I love your ingenuity!!!!!
Very inventive.
Very creative!! Love your kitty stickers. Sounds like you had fun making your folder.
Very clever. Creative even. My portfolio cost me a small fortune and is not at all fun. But that Mactac ain’t half bad. Have you SEEN what’s out there?
I soooooo love this idea! AND i adore stickers! Beautiful and creative and fun. LOVE IT! Have a wonderful weekend. :)
Necessity is the mother of invention, though I'm surprised that Mactac is still made! What are the dimensions of your folio? Without handles, how do you tote it?
I'm with you, make your own portfolio. This brilliant. I might have to try it out. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a great weekend.
@ Moving with Mitchell -- Yes, perhaps in my ignorance of what else is out there, I don't even realize my good fortune, relatively speaking!
Fire Dog and Raccoon, but of course! They are favorites! Elmo on fire , also a fave.
Clever portfolio! I do not think the Mactac is hideous! It gives us something to think about- like chocolate, coffee and marshmallow cream, or a geological find- a rock in the pocket sort of vibe. It is just right!
Did my comment get lost in the eathers?
@ Tundra Bunny -- It's 16 inches wide and 12 inches long, so it's not all that huge. It carries letter sized paper and slightly bigger 10x12 as well. I just carry it under my arm, no need for handles. I was surprised Mactac was still available too -- haven't seen it or needed it since I was a kid.
@ Linda Sue -- No, it was just waiting for moderation. Here it is!
You had me at recycled. Sadly, I've never heard of Mactac, but that may be because I live in the states.. Happy FFO.
Very nice and creative.
Very creative, I love this, Debra! And my favourite stickers are the cats, the bees, the smiley flower and the raccoon! I love stickers!
Hello Debra, I don't think I have ever been as confused by one of your posts as by this one, and that includes the superheroes. You should have made it a mystery item!
--Jim
@ Parnassus -- It takes a lot to stump you, Jim, so I'm gobsmacked!
Elmo's fire is my favourite, ha.
As you probably noticed, I love collecting ephemera to use in my art, as well as repurposing cartons to make art journals and more. As such, I lOVE your art portfolio idea! I also like your sticker collection. I have several of them on my iPad folio, that I may need to share on my blog too. Blessings, my friend!
Reminds me of when I was a kid and how much fun I had covering my notebook or folder with stickers. Particularly Wacky Packages. Remember those?
Very cool!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
@ Kirk -- I must confess that I don't know what those are, so I looked them up online and nope, still can't recall ever seeing any. There was apparently a special Canadian version of these stickers too, but I don't remember seeing those either! Alas, it seems my childhood was the poorer for the lack.
Your portfolio certainly reflects you, Debra! Nicely done!
I love the stickers, may have to hunt up some rainbows and unicorns for the new laptop.
I love your creative thrifty ingenuity! Way to up cycle that old box. Given the earthy nature of the Mactac, I probably would have decoupaged creepy old sepia shit but you are a much brighter individual that I am.
Creative portfolio and stickers ~ Hugs ^_^
I don't have any stickers...and before you offer to send me some, don't! I have enough collections around here that need to go!
Good job! I'm a fan of reusing things rather than buying new.
Reuse and making your own - yes! Not ugly at all
Awesome! Totally awesome! I love it, Debra, and thank you for the shout out!
Post a Comment