Saturday, 1 August 2026

Let's Improve Our Vocabulary!











32 comments:

Bilbo said...

"Molotov Cockatiel" is the winner, although I have adopted "spherical bastard" as the most useful when describing government officials here in the US.

Rade said...

Love these!

Tundra Bunny said...

The Molotov Cockatiel will need some angry incense to get the party started!

Bob said...

I thought you couldn't top "angry incense" and then you did!!
Many of these will be added to my daily diatribes.

My name is Erika. said...

These are great. Thanks for laughs! I love hotdog cupcakes. Oh from the mouths of babes.

Travel said...

These are great, I will add a few into my vocabulary.

Tom said...

...I have created my share of disasterpieces!

Iris Flavia said...

Pistified sure is my fav!

Ellen D. said...

I'm chuckling!

Ms. Moon said...

When I read things like this I always wonder why I didn't come up with them? They often seem so obvious but obviously, not to me. But I love them.

RedPat said...

These are great. I love the disasterpiece.

Duni said...

I love the expression on the tuxedo cat's face and the word is superb!

Function Words said...

Thanks for sharing these. My biggest chuckle was for the eggcorn 'Belgian Whistles'.

Bill said...

These are great!

DB Stewart said...

Spherical bastard? Life-changing word! So many likes for this.
Also...behold, my comment.

DVArtist said...

Oh these are great and gave me a good morning laugh. Have a nice day today.

Pixie said...

Love these and I am the last one:)

e said...

So many good ones! Thanks for the vocabulary boost!

Linda Sue said...

angry incense for the WIN!!

Kay G. said...

Pistified is the word for me.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Yes and sometimes a disasterpiece turns out to be a masterpiece.
Cheer. Stay cool and happy over there, DSWS.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

CheerS, that is. (=

Kathy G said...

Not a clunker in the bunch but 'angry incense' was my favorite.

Guillaume said...

Hotdog cupcakes is oh so wrong on so many levels.

LA Paylor said...

and.... she's back! making me laugh! thanks LeeAnna

Moving with Mitchell said...

I wish I were this clever. I’d throw in all the Belgian whistles.

angela said...

I definitely think these should be added to the vernacular
They’re definitely better at describing fhe situations

Val Ewing said...

Angry incense. Yep. That would fit me!

River said...

Masterpiece or Disasterpiece, I like that

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

LOL 😆 😂 🤣 😹 Pistified.

Ur-spo said...

Oh but I love word play and puns! I should have been an etymologist; I am wasted in Medicine.

Boud said...

I'm definitely down with the Belgian whistles.