Tuesday, 4 August 2026

Wanna Go Time Traveling?





But remember . . . there
can be unintended consequences!



In actual fact, all of us can time travel
right now . . . and we do!



42 comments:

Rade said...

Yes, to all of it!

Marty said...

Gotta say the movie marquee especially struck me for some reason. . . .

Mistress Maddie said...

Listen sweet cheeks, if Chris is the tour guide time machine...he can TAKE me. Literally.

Boud said...

We're a quarter of way through the century. That's some kind of magic.

Milleson said...

Music AND movies, and we are all the better for them both.

Lisa said...

I'm stealing the minding my own business one and posting it on my Facebook high school class reunion page.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ohhh
That turntable did the job!

XOXO

Tom said...

...yes, music is the closest thing that I have to a Time Machine.

My name is Erika. said...

I'd love to do a bit of time traveling, as long as I didn't get stuck someplace I ended up not liking. And I love the one about 1975 being 50 years ago. How true!

Val Ewing said...

I was minding my own business and suddenly 60 yrs passed.

Where did it go and can I go back to pre 2016 please?

Bob said...

Music is a time machine I use quite often.

Poor Carl.

baili said...

alas i can still hear my my childhood laughter while running down on hills 🥹

Lisca said...

Wow ! , I can't believe 1976 is 50 yrs ago. Later this month I will be traveling to Italy to celebrate my son's 50th birthday. (No way! It only seems a short while ago!)
Happy August,
Lisca

Pixie said...

I had to laugh at Carl:)

whkattk said...

LOL. Yes!

Moving with Mitchell said...

Would you time travel if you could? I’m not sure myself. I love the one about 1975!

Marcia LaRue said...

Music ... the Oldies ... are my time machine!

Cleora Borealis said...

🤭 I always get amused when running into old friends. How can they have aged so much when I haven't changed a bit? 🤷‍♀️ Such a puzzlement! 😜

Ms. Moon said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again- you have the best memes.

Deedles said...

If I could turn back time, I would find a way to turn into Cher, find Madonna before she inflicts herself on the world, and beat the snot out of her! Sorry, I'm having a very bad day.

CaptainKirt said...

My latest cartoon has time travel. What sage advice would you impart to your younger self?

RedPat said...

I love this post, Debra. ;-)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Moving with Mitchell -- I don't think I'm impulsive enough or brave enough to try it.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ CaptainKirt -- Hahahahaha, yes, you slapped your adolescent self upside the head and called him a "twat" -- that made me laugh! I don't know what I'd say to my younger self and besides, would Younger Me listen anyway?

Kathy G said...

I was shocked to get a message about the initial planning meeting for our 50th high school reunion meeting (which will take place in 2027).

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Marty -- Hahahahaha!

DB Stewart said...

Ha, I wonder what Marty's doing right now?

e said...

I went to my 50th high school reunion this summer. All I could think was; who are all these old people?!?

Leanna said...

Omg! Time travel is real. I was thinking of buying a Ford Fiesta and my future self appeared out of nowhere and slapped me silly saying, "don't you dare even think about it again." Something must have happened to trigger myself like that.

Barbara Rogers said...

Fun ideas, and the only time travel that seems to be of interest is going back in time...I'm more curious about the future, where our imaginations usually fall short. Remember the Jetsons flying cars?

Tundra Bunny said...

Whenever I hear "time travel", I always think of Homer Simpson and his malfunctioning toaster: fuck around and find out, LOL! Music and Turner Classic Movies are a safer option.

Mary Kirkland said...

Music is a great time machine. A song can transport me back 30 years.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I could fix so much if I had a time machine

Kirk said...

Oh, I can identify with that 1975 one.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Time is an idea we invented and which can, if we let it, stop us from being the time travellers we are meant to be!

River said...

I swear just yesterday I was only 40! Where have the last 34 years disappeared to?

Bilbo said...

I was just minding my own business, too ...

Iris Flavia said...

Great ones!!!

angela said...

We do time travel. Everytime I go on holiday to Europe I go back in time. Then when I come home I go into the future.
I’m always a day early with birthday wishes to friends that live in the USA

Fundy Blue said...

I can so relate to "I was just minding my own business..." 😂

Lady M said...

Have you ever watch primer? It is some time travel craziness!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Lady M -- I'll have to check it out, thanks!