Monday 11 July 2022

Cat Tarot Cattitude


You may recall that my sister gave me a Cat Tarot Deck for Christmas, so I decided to familiarize myself with it by using a technique called "interviewing a new tarot deck" which I learned from Martha's Mystical Empowerment blog and videos. After thoroughly shuffling the deck, seven cards are pulled, representing the deck's answers to seven questions about itself. Here are the results!


1. What are you here to teach me?

10 of Swords, upright [cat hanging precariously on screen door]

This card means "know when to quit," human. Who told you that you are capable of reading tarot? You are in way over your head. Get lost before I bite you!

2. How do you see yourself?

9 of Swords, upright [cat with claws out]

Miserable human, I am your worst nightmare! You'll be shredded meat when I'm done with you!

3. How do you see me?

4 of Pentacles, upright [cat sniffing disdainfully at 4 little cat treats]

Like all of your kind, you're a miserly skinflint and cheapskate. You won't feed me enough and you'll be ungrateful for all the wonderful tarot help and advice I'll give you.


4. How can we best work together?

8 of Swords, reversed [cat pulling all the toilet paper off a roll]

Accept that I'm going to turn your world upside down, human. I will bring you a new perspective on old and familiar things. You'd just better get used to that. And to cleaning up after me.

5. What are your strengths?

XVII The Star, reversed [cat deliberately tipping over a glass of water]

I will never give you a moment's peace or respite. I'll be biting your ass the whole way. Hahahahahaha!

6. What are your limitations?

2 of Wands, reversed [cat deciding whether to play with a couple of feathered cat toys]

Like all cats, I have a hard time choosing how best to annoy you. I want it all, baby, and by the Great Goddess Bast, I'll have my way in everything! At least, once I make up my mind.

7. What is the potential for us working together?

5 of Pentacles, upright [2 cats staring each other down over a few pieces of kibble]

Not good. Not good at all. It'll be a fight for survival and frankly, I don't like your chances. Cats always win. I'll be feasting on your eyeballs soon.

Since this was such a challenging and negative reading, I decided to pull one more card to try and clarify things. So taking the last card off the bottom of the deck, I asked the following question --

8. What is your secret characteristic of which I should be aware?

XX Judgement, upright [Egyptian cat-god with the feather of Maat used to judge the hearts of the dead]


Okay, okay, Cat Tarot Deck, no need to elaborate further. I get it. 

Jeez, if I didn't know better, I'd think this deck is Channeling a Certain Someone.


38 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Think????? I know HRH is behind it all!!!!!!

Moving with Mitchell said...

Hmmm. Not a very hopeful Tarot deck. It does sound an awful lot like HRH. I’ll stick to tea leaves and palm reading

Travel said...

Deep down underneath it all, our cats love us. Some find it hard to show it.

Marie Smith said...

Lol. Priceless, Debra! Fun times ahead!

Bob said...

It's a Cat's World and we're all here to make sure they're fed and watered and have a nice bed to sleep in, and a human to sleep on.

Breenlantern said...

Sounds like utilizing these cards could be catastrophic for you. Perhaps you should consider sticking to Skip-Bp.

Sassybear
https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

Boud said...

I think the cat lobby was paid big ones for this project.

Martha said...

BAHAHAHAHA! This was the best. I'm not surprised that a cat tarot deck would have this much attitude. And, of course, that HRH would approve the post :) I get the feeling she's pulling the strings on this one...

Liz Hinds said...

Good for you, HRH!

Ur-spo said...

I have among my collection a cat deck I bought in Palm Springs.
I try to get decks associated with a trip or a place or an event to remember its contents.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Oh. My. Goddess!
I want this sooooo bad! I love Tarot readings, and a reading with Cattitude? What's better than that???

XOXO

DVArtist said...

Love these.

yellowdoggranny said...

think Dexter might have had a hand in the cards too...

Guillaume said...

I like the atesthetic of tarot. Having cats in the cards makes perfect sense.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Paw down, your majesty! I suspected you had some influence on this post when I began reading those insults to your human.

A good week (to your human, that is).

Hena Tayeb said...

So intriguing.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Direct from the tiny mouth of HRH! She is one tough kitty! I'd save this deck for very specific readings...
E

Adam said...

The cat cards say all the felines are going to kill me 👀👀👀

Joanne Noragon said...

Are you sure you pulled the cards?

Tundra Bunny said...

Ohhhh, can no one rid you of this meddlesome feline? Perhaps a cat-tholic exorcism could declaw HRH once and for all?

Barbara said...

That is so cute. I need to find someone to buy them for. They are the perfect present.

Her Royal Highness said...

@ Tundra Bunny -- I know where you live. Sleep with one eye open, human.

Tundra Bunny said...

Bring it on, cat. I ain't a-skeered of you!

Kirk said...

Basically a cat owner's manual in the form of tarot deck.

Mike said...

I assume every day is Caturday.

Fundy Blue said...

What a wonderful deck! Funniest post I've seen in a long time! Thanks you, Debra! You are genius! I now know what to get my sister barb for Christmas!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Hahaha! This is quite an amusing deck!

Anne Johnson said...

I would only use a cat tarot deck to tell cat futures. For instance, right now I would like to pull a card that would tell me where Gamma is. He snuck out earlier, and I'm not frantic yet but will be soon.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

@ Anne Johnson -- I hope Gamma comes home soon!

Busy Bee Suz said...

OOh my goodness. Please, for the safety of ALL humans, hide this deck of cards from HRH!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I always wanted by tarot read.

Katrina said...

And I thought my deck was blunt 😅😂

Lady M said...

That is one cute tarot deck.

This N That said...

Love that deck..I'm betting HRH had a paw in those card selections.

pam nash said...

Well I have several tarot decks BUT I'm not ever getting that one! The Demon Duo do not need permission from the universe that it's good to do that stuff! I keep telling them, it's not ok.

CraveCute said...

As I read the post, I was thinking, "That sounds like HRH!". LOL

The Blog Fodder said...

I had my fortune read with a tarot deck, It was so bang on it scared the shit out of me. Never again. The last card turned up was the Joker and that was me

Rommy said...

LOL, well they do say every deck has its own personality.