Saturday 27 June 2009

Christian Crafts: Ten Commandments Plaque


My little sister eventually attended Vacation Bible School too. One year they made a lovely plaque of the Ten Commandments. This involved gluing a copy of the Ten Commandments onto a 5 x 7 piece of wallboard and then gluing small rocks all around the border. I think the kids picked the rocks off the gravel road themselves. Then the whole thing was -- you guessed it -- shellacked and voila! beautiful Christian art of which any home could be proud!

This photo is the closest thing to it that I could find on the internet and quite frankly, it's not all that close. Oh well, you get the general idea anyway. My sister's Ten Commandments plaque hung on our kitchen wall for years. Then one day, my parents swore that it just mysteriously disappeared. Probably ascended to Heaven in a mini-Rapture is my guess.

2 comments:

Hibiscus Moon said...

Wow, lots of Christian crafts they had you doing, huh?

cris said...

wow... really nice.. i love it.. i'll maybe do some for my own... i want to feature this on
http://greatisthelord.net/blog/