Wednesday 9 December 2009

Christmas Tag!


No, not that kind! Julie of The Domestic Witch has tagged me to do The Christmas Survey originated by Heather of Top 10 Christmas. Here are the official rules (and those of you who get tagged at the end will need them, bwa-ha-ha-ha!):

1. Copy and paste the questions into your blog.
2. Link to the person who tagged you and also to Heather of Top 10 Christmas.
3. Answer the questions.
4. Then tag 5 or more of your favourite blogs, and leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.

Okay, here we go . . . .

The Christmas Survey

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping?
Started? I'm finished! What the hell's wrong with you that you're not done yet?

2. Tell me about one of your special traditions.
Every year at Christmas I get pissed to the eyeballs on eggnog and rum and get all weepy and sentimental and annoying. (Actually no, I don't. But it sounds edgier than saying I go to a live performance of Handel's Messiah every Christmas.)

3. When do you put up your tree?
Usually about a month before The Big Day. The more revealing question would be: when do you take down your tree? One year I took it down in June. Hey, I was busy.

4. Are you a Black Friday shopper?
We don't have Black Friday in Canada because we celebrate Thanksgiving on the correct date in October. I also fixed all the American spelling in these questions and substituted the correct English spelling which we use in Canada. (*haughty sniff*)

5. Do you travel at Christmas or stay home?
Both, really. I stay home to celebrate Christmas and Boxing Day with My Rare One and then I travel to visit my Mom in another province.

6. What is your funniest Christmas memory?
That's a tough one. I could easily think of Christmas memories that are pleasant, loving, sentimental, bittersweet, awful or horrible, but funny? Hmmm. Probably when my cat played in the Christmas wrappings and got all goofy and tangled up.

7. What is your favourite Christmas movie of all time?
The original British black-and-white movie of The Christmas Carol, starring Alasdair Sim. But I have a weak spot for It's a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart, too.

8. Do you do your own Christmas baking and what's your favourite treat?
I have never done Christmas baking in my life and have no intention of starting now. My favourite treat is anything baked by someone else. I'm a leech, I know.

9. Fake or real tree?
Who cares? Now, fake or real boobs -- that's an interesting question!

10. What day does the actual panic set in to get it all done?
Never. See answers to questions 1, 3 and 8.

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?
Absolutely not. One year I went and saw Pulp Fiction on Christmas Eve. In terms of cultivating the Christmas spirit, it was a mistake.

12. What is your favourite family fun time at Christmas?
Opening gifts on Christmas morning.

13. What Christmas craft do you like the best?
Good God, I don't have time to do crafts. But I make time to go to Christmas craft sales and buy other people's.

14. Christmas music, yes or no? If yes, what is your favourite song?
I love Christmas music and would listen to it 12 months a year, if it didn't result in death threats being made against me. Hmmm, my favourite song? Right now I adore Gabriel's Message. "The Angel Gabriel to Mary came, His wings as drifted snow, His eyes as flame!" Yowza!

15. When do you plan to finish all your shopping?
See answer to question 1. GLOAT!

So now I will pass on The Christmas Survey to 5 other lucky bloggers. If you don't celebrate Christmas as such, feel free to substitute Yule or a Yule/Christmas combo or Hanukkah or even something else entirely. Also, anyone who reads this and wants to do The Christmas Survey, just go ahead and do it. You don't need to be officially tagged to join in the fun and mayhem.

1. Jackiesue of Yellowdog Granny
2. Sarita of A College Girl's Days
5. Corey of Madtexter

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

I SO ENJOYED reading your answers to the questions! Just priceless! ♥

yellowdoggranny said...

I loved your answers..mine will pale in comparason..eek

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh no, they won't, YDG -- just throw a little Dexter in to the mix! He'll liven things up!

mxtodis123 said...

Ha!!! One way or the other you were going to get tagged today. You were originally on my list.
Mary

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, Mary, you were on mine too but Mother Moon beat me to it!

Dancing With Fey said...

Looks like fun. :)