Monday 1 June 2009

June Preview


It's June at last and summer is finally here! You'll notice a couple of themes running through my blog this month, in addition to the usual motley assortment of random thoughts:

(1) Pax over at Chrysalis is spearheading "International Pagan Values Blogging Month," during which pagan bloggers are encouraged to write of the virtues, ethics, morals and values we have found on our respective paths. What are they and how do we carry them forward in our own lives and out into the world? So I'm planning to write perhaps two or three posts on that topic, scattered throughout the month.

(2) June 2009 marks the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots in New York, the event which sparked the modern gay and lesbian rights movement. So I'll be blogging on that topic too. And to celebrate GLBT Pride this month, I'll also post at various points over the next 30 days some of my favourite quotations from lesbian and gay writers, as well as other assorted queer tidbits.

[The above picture is "June" from the medieval illuminated manuscript known as Les tres riches heures du Duc de Berry]

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

what a great idea..my daughter just sent me a link to great quotes from gays/lesbians and about gays/lesbians..I will find it and send the link to you.

yellowdoggranny said...

http://www.quotegarden.com/homosexuality.html

that was easy..haha

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thanks, yellowdog granny! I'll check it out!