Friday 27 October 2023

Friends Fur Life Blogathon -- Alligator Loki


Rachel at Hamlette's Soliloquy and Jim at The Midnite Drive-In are currently hosting a blogathon celebrating favourite movie/TV onscreen critters who are pets, friends or companions to us humans.

So here's a post on my most recent critter crush -- ALLIGATOR LOKI from the 2021 Disney+ series Loki

Okay, okay, he's not cuddly, he's not furry, but he's a good ally in a fight when you need someone's hand bitten off. And he enjoys a nice drink of wine and a lounge about in the pool just like the rest of us.


Loki, the Asgardian trickster God of Mischief, is a shapeshifter at the best of times, but stick him in the Multiverse and things get even crazier, with endless variants of Loki suddenly popping into existence. (And notice which variant is on the pedestal, of course!)


Alligator Loki lives in The Void, where he is the companion of Kid Loki, Boastful Loki, Classic Loki and President Loki. Alligator Loki was banished there, not because he ate the neighbour's cat, but because he ate the wrong neighbour's cat. An important distinction!

While Alligator Loki's dialogue consists solely of incomprehensible growling, here's a helpful video compilation (best viewed in full screen) with subtitles!


Like all the Lokis, Alligator Loki is simultaneously charming and vicious.

But hey, aren't we all?

My next Blogathon post on Friday concerns ROCKET RACCOON of the MCU's Guardians of the Galaxy superheroes franchise. And look, here's Alligator Loki ferrying him in for his gig right now!


Well, see ya later . . . oh, you know the rest!

21 comments:

roentare said...

This is so much fun to read.

Marie Smith said...

I look forward to raccoon too.

Travel said...

Somehow I have a feeling some of the Disney writers and artists have spent too much time in the swamp, aka, Florida.

NanaDiana said...

What fun.....I am so out of the loop....thanks for reeling me back in. lol. Have a lovely weekend- xo Diana

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Hahaha
Loves it!
I've been meaning to start watching Loki on Disney but I usually get distracted by the one and a thousand offers they have!

BTW I love Rocket Rocket Raccoon!

XOXO

Moving with Mitchell said...

I'd never met Alligator Loki. Now I’m glad I have. Will have to watch this (clearly without SG).

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Alligator Loki was definitely a highlight of the show, for me!

baili said...

such an interesting idea dear Debra :)
i enjoyed the video thoroughly
hugs

Kirk said...

Does he eventually become Suitcase Loki?

Cleora Borealis said...

Spoiler Alert for all you who haven't watched "Loki" yet: although I love Loki (Tom Hiddleston hubba-hubba) in all his variants, I was most thrilled when he found himself on an airplane as D.B. Cooper!! Certainly was a reasonable explanation for that 52 year-old mystery!! 😘

Bob said...

I have never hear of Alligator Loki but since I have often been called charming and vicious, maybe I need to know more?

Parnassus said...

Hi Debra, I'm confused, but what's not to like?
--Jim

This N That said...

Thanks for introducing me to Loki..He's kinda cute...I'll just assume that he is mostly charmimg!! Another winner!!

angela said...

I’ve not seen alligator Loki. But I do know rocket.
Thank you for the informative post

peppylady (Dora) said...

I forgot about Rocket Racoon.
Coffee is on.

Old Lurker said...

I sympathise with poor Alligator Loki. Who amongst us has not made the mistake of munching on the wrong neighbor's pussy from time to time?

Mike said...

I know not of Loki. 🤷‍♂️

Quiggy said...

I saw one of the Loki series in the discount bin at Half Price when I went today, It wasn't Alligator and I forget which it was. Might check this out though.

Ur-spo said...

This was quite entertaining and it gave me a smile. Thank you D.

e said...

That last picture is inspired!

Rebecca Deniston said...

Ah, this looks fun. Those horns... :-)